RPG Tower of Time - Announcement Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Event Horizon, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #1 Event Horizon, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Hello Fellow Gamers,

Update 11th FEB -- we have opened Twitter account and post a lot of in-game gifs

https://twitter.com/Tower_of_Time

Update 9th FEB - here is our COMBAT TRAILER

I am happy to announce that we are close to publishing our RPG Game Tower of Time. We just released an Announcement Trailer. This is an independent production but I believe it does stand out.

www: www.toweroftime.co

Please share feedback / comments.

Thanks,
    Event Horizon

P.S. If you are interested in our progress, I encourage you to subscribe to our YT channel. We will publish gameplay videos with increased regularity. For next week we scheduled combat video.

Attached Files:

2. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    The trailer looks really intriguing! Could you elaborate what the pricing model will be?

3. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Main game features

Main Game Features

Overview

Classical RPG
    20-30h gameplay time
    Deep and engaging story, told via animated illustrations with voice-over
    Unique lore - as you progress, discover the history of the Ancients

Combat

Tactical real time combat with slow-mode
    Ability to influence terrain in combat for tactical gain
    Advanced combat mechanics: buffs, debuffs, statuses (stunned, dazed, etc.), summons
    Detailed combat log
    100+ various enemies, some with skills of their own

Classes and Skills

7 diverse champion classes
    New class progression system
    Multiple class build options (no single best build for any class)
    6 upgrade-able skills per class with booster options (changing the nature of the skill)
    No experience - leveling based on ancient knowledge found

Exploration

Handcrafted levels with 5 graphical themes
    Each level has its own lore/history
    Quests, secrets and puzzles (some optional ones can be difficult)
    13 tower levels across 3 major themes
    1 optional level with unique setting

Equipment

Random loot generation
    Rich equipment system
    Rich crafting system
    New enchanting system
    Many melee and range weapon types
    Dual-wielding with melee and magic range weapons
    4 major tiers of items
    5 categories of items (basic, magic, ancient, relic)
    Unique Legendary items

City

City as main progression hub
    Upgrade-able buildings

4. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #4 Event Horizon, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Screenshots - combat

few screenshots from Combat

Attached Files:

5. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Screenshots - exploration

few screenshots from Exploration phase

Attached Files:

6. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Art - illustrations

finally, few pieces of ART and CITY screen

Attached Files:

7. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    It will be paid game - for purchase price you get full content. No in-game purchases whatsoever.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks great, going by the trailer and screenshots.
    I really liked that the trailer mentions "slow time" for the realtime combat, I am getting too old for this stuff ;) you should make this more prominent in the game description too, so folks like me who prefer turnbased combat (mostly cause it's less hectic and less stressful for my "not-20-anymore" reflexes) notice right away - I almost missed it in the trailer, and completely missed it when reading your "Main game features" post for the first time.

And the "No experience - leveling based on ancient knowledge found" part sounds quite interesting, curious how that'll play out.

Overall, especially the trailer gives off a nice old-school Diablo 1/2 vibe, I like that.

9. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland

Thanks. Yes, I am quite "old" as well, miss those old good times where almost every game was a great one. Slow-time -- it is actually almost as turn-based. Speed is reduced to a crawl (you can still see the movement, better than complete freeze). Thanks for the advice - I will make it more prominent in our Combat Trailer.

Diablo reference - this is not really hack-slash. Rather Dragon Age Origins meets Wizardry 7 and 8.

I want to create a game where your tactics matters. Combat will be punishing if you do not use terrain to your advantage and you do not manage your mana resource well enough to survive all monster waves (mana does regenerate, but very slowly, unless you gear up for this). Also - combination of champions - you can replace them at will at any time - also is important. Should I take 2 tanky classes and 2 dps or perhaps I risk 1 tank only, 2 dps and I gear last champion as support.

Should I rely on summons, skills that inflict statuses as stunned, dazed, blind --- or go more with high-cost instant damage skills... etc..

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Horizon: Thanks for the quick reply :)

Re Diablo reference / vibe:
    I see that wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean the hack-n-slash Diablo-style gameplay, but the dark-n-gloomy atmosphere, hinting at all kinds of unspeakable things lurking beneath the surface. Definitely doesn't sound like a "Cuddly Carebears" setting from the trailer :p

11. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Ah clear :)
    Oh yes, the story is genuine and quite gloomy. Not typical "defeat evil demon that has risen and threatens our town", but more sinister and unexpected... on my YT channel you can check some cinematics - they are still WIP - but should give you a good idea of the story setting.

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This looks like it will be great! Will def check out your YouTube channel

13. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    This does look amazing. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Wow looks amazing I'll be picking this up. Next couple of weeks then for release ?

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This looks absolutely fantastic!
    The descriptions about the gameplay are ticking all the boxes for me.
    And a full price, no iap shenanigans means instant purchase as far as I am concerned.

I see you will also be releasing the game on Steam. Any chance of Cloud saves so you can transfer your game save between the two platforms?

16. mrmatis08

mrmatis08 Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Such rich details...

Boy oh boy. This title indeed looks like a "must have" for this RPG fan. Such attention to the little details in the environments and with the "20+ gameplay" promises, I expect that the storyline will mirror such detail as well. Some games you just enjoy soaking up the atmosphere as the story progresses, regardless of how well you advance and develop your character (although I do look forward to and appreciate those aspects as well) through the story. Much anticipation for this promising gem!:)

17. paolopingol

paolopingol Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    IT Programmer/Digital Arts
    Hi! Another game to look forward to. May I ask if this is a lot similar with Dragon Age Origins? If yes, does it have character interaction and relationship?

Thanks!

18. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland

First, thanks for all the questions. I will answer then as soon as I can -

cross-platform saves - we are discussing this option, but I cannot guarantee they would be available from day 1 since we are relatively small team and work full time on getting all things wrapped-up. But we will look into this shortly and I will let you know.

19. paulhnichols

paulhnichols Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Insta buy for me.

This looks like it's paying homage to the BG series as well more modern isometric tactical rpgs like divinity and pillars of eternity.

Ember tried this but didn't hold my attention.

Few questions
    Cloud saves?
    Universal app?
    Future updates expand the game?
    Launch price?
    Beta testers needed?

20. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland

Yes, we have crazy level designers :) They can spend SO much time just getting this skeleton in the chair positioned right. As for the story - well, the whole idea for this game started with a story. I personally grew tired of cliche stories such as "save the princess and become the king", so here I can guarantee that no one can even remotely guess what the story is leading you to, until you experience it yourself. And my hope is that after you see it through to the end, you will sit on your couch motionless for a long time... and start to count the days until the second part of the game goes live :)