★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play chess in an all-new way!
Chezz breaks the rules to create the fastest, most frantic new way to play the classic board game.

Challenge yourself in a game that lets you move all the pieces at the same time. Fight online PVP battles in real time with other players, or solve hundreds of levels in adventure mode. Pieces change on each game board and can be upgraded. Fast like checkers, intense like chess. Play the ultimate board to action game conversion. Become the ultimate king or queen and join the Chezz revolution today!

Chezz Features:

Chess Tactics meet Action Gameplay
* Queens, Kings, and all pieces move at the same time
* Upgrade your army for faster movement
* Checkers speed with chess moves! Matches can end in 30 seconds or less!
* Board game strategy with unique twists across hundreds of levels

King Yourself in Single Player Adventure Mode
* Can you beat every level to be king or queen of the city?
* Upgrade queens, knights, and your entire army to increase speed and movement
* Customize pieces with unique skins and colors
* Unlock achievements & rewards

Challenge other players
* Real Time online multiplayer
* PVP combat with both players moving pieces simultaneously
* Chess becomes a frantic, 1-on-1 army battle

New Challenges and New ways to play
* Traps to avoid on the battlefield
* King protect and other new game modes
* Board setup changes with every level

Eli's comments:

Chezz

QuickByte Games
Genres: Games Board Entertainment Strategy
Free


Quote:
Play chess in an all-new way!
Chezz breaks the rules to create the fastest, most frantic new way to play the classic board game.

Challenge yourself in a game that lets you move all the pieces at the same time. Fight online PVP battles in real time with other players, or solve hundreds of levels in adventure mode. Pieces change on each game board and can be upgraded. Fast like checkers, intense like chess. Play the ultimate board to action game conversion. Become the ultimate king or queen and join the Chezz revolution today!

Chezz Features:

Chess Tactics meet Action Gameplay
* Queens, Kings, and all pieces move at the same time
* Upgrade your army for faster movement
* Checkers speed with chess moves! Matches can end in 30 seconds or less!
* Board game strategy with unique twists across hundreds of levels

King Yourself in Single Player Adventure Mode
* Can you beat every level to be king or queen of the city?
* Upgrade queens, knights, and your entire army to increase speed and movement
* Customize pieces with unique skins and colors
* Unlock achievements & rewards

Challenge other players
* Real Time online multiplayer
* PVP combat with both players moving pieces simultaneously
* Chess becomes a frantic, 1-on-1 army battle

New Challenges and New ways to play
* Traps to avoid on the battlefield
* King protect and other new game modes
* Board setup changes with every level












Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 183.6MB

01-11-2017, 11:22 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 810
If you like Chess but think it's too slow, try this game. I'ts like Chess on crack. You have to know each piece and how it moves and jump in your moves as fast as possible. I hope it doesn't get lost in the Isaac shuffle this week, because I think this could be a sleeper hit.

01-11-2017, 03:24 PM
#3
We hope you enjoy the #ChezzRevolution!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to create this page for us. We are glad to see that a lot of people are already enjoying the game and we can't wait to hear what you think.

If you have any questions or comments about the game, feel free to hit us up on the Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/quickbytegames ), on our Twitter ( @quickbytegames ) or even by email ( support@quickbytegames.com )

Have a great day!

The QuickByte Games team.
01-12-2017, 12:46 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 442
Cool! Love the visual style. You got my download.
01-12-2017, 10:20 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 714
I'm quite far from being a good chess player, but I do like playing it. On easiest difficulty against the stupid AI to win most of the time.

It was a great idea to remove the turn based gameplay and play however you want (well, there's a cooldown period and movement speed of course, but you know what I mean). It's quite overwhelming to focus on everything what's going on on the board. It's important to watch out for your own king not being taken, to be careful to avoid obstacles like fireplaces and on top of all that you need to be smart to attack to win. There's a lot happening on the board, it's intense. I understand that with upgrades to reduce cooldown period and increase movement speed the game becomes even more intense in later stages. I'm enjoying Adventure mode at the moment, not feeling confident enough to try online battle (considering it costs 8 pawns to participate in a single online battle even though there's an option to watch an ad to get exact amount of pawns for it.. I'm just not huge fan of ads, that's all)

I'd appreciate more options to log in, as facebook being the only one at the moment. It's not a big deal, I've got facebook account created just for gaming when I need it, but a lot of people don't and this might be a deal breaker for most of them. There are achievements and leaderboards but I wasn't able to connect and compare the stats playing as guest at the beginning. Game Center or Google Play Games integration would be highly appreciated.

The last thing that bothers me is the blur effect used before and after each battle. It doesn't feel right, the VICTORY text being only thing in focus in the end of the battle isn't enough to exponentiate the feeling. Fading a whole background might help a lot I guess. Or making the text more significant. But it might be only me, who knows.. just saying.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the game so far. I'd appreciate option to remove ads and get e.g. those 8 pawns anytime I want without being forced to watch an ad, but I understand the freemium choice. No doubt it's gonna attract bigger player base this way. All in all I can only recommend to try this game to every chess fan out there, it's definitely worth it!

EDIT:
so I tried online battle. watching an ad for 8 pawns (to be able to play single online battle) has 8 hour cooldown period, which seem absurd considering the fact I didn't even have a chance to play online match because the moment I tried to join the match I was met with message: "your opponent ran away", I lost 8 pawns and didn't get any XP or reward in return. Also grinding in Adventure mode isn't an option because the player is rewarded with pawns for beating the stage for the first time only. Any other attempt has no pawns or XP in return. So when you ran out of pawns your only option is to wait 8 hours to watch an ad and play a single online battle or buy them for real money (50 for .99€ which is 6 online battles)

Also, there's a significant amount of ads you have to watch no matter what (between every 2-3 battles or replay attempts I guess) and since there's no option to remove ads with IAP, you're forced to play the game this way, unfortunatelly. I can't enjoy the game with ads, it's not in my nature. I'm always going for an option to remove ads, so until there's a way to get rid of 'em, I'm afraid I'd have to pass which is a shame because the game has a lot of potential and seems quite fun. If those ads are no big deal for you, you'll have a blast with it though.

I wish this game was premium.. As of right now it's freemium as any other, and a greedy one on top of that. Pawns are pretty much "energy" in disguise so you have to pay if you want to play online or wait ridiculous 8 hours to play one match without paying. I'm disappointed. If it goes premium in the future, I'll be the first one to buy it, you have my word! Until than I'm done with it, sorry.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash

Last edited by macplash; 01-12-2017 at 01:18 PM.
01-19-2017, 08:07 PM
#6
Hello Macplash,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to play the game and write all of your comments down.

I've forwarded all of your propositions concerning login options and visual feedbacks to the team so that they are considered for any future update.

Concerning your issues with the Online Games, it is indeed a visual bug that makes it look like you were charged Pawns for an opponent running away, but if you restart the game, you'll see that your Pawns are still there. We are actively working on a fix for this issue that should be released shortly.

This update will also come with an option to purchase a pack to disable all the ads (except the ones you initiate yourself for bonuses) and improved rewards for online matches.

If you wish so, you can write to us at support@quickbytegames.com so that we can compensate you for any Pawns lost because of those issues.

I want to thank you once again for your time and your patience.
Yesterday, 03:37 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickByteGames View Post
Concerning your issues with the Online Games, it is indeed a visual bug that makes it look like you were charged Pawns for an opponent running away, but if you restart the game, you'll see that your Pawns are still there. We are actively working on a fix for this issue that should be released shortly.
I already found out I'm not the only one with this issue, there's a lot of complains in the reviews. It's great to hear you're aware of the problem and working on the fix. Also XP doubler's not working properly, I've seen it mentioned as well multiple times by other users with your response about the incoming fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickByteGames View Post
If you wish so, you can write to us at support@quickbytegames.com so that we can compensate you for any Pawns lost because of those issues.
I appreciate the offer but it most certainly won't be necessary. I'm just glad it's being fixed in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickByteGames View Post
This update will also come with an option to purchase a pack to disable all the ads (except the ones you initiate yourself for bonuses) and improved rewards for online matches.
It's great to hear you're adding an option to disable ads, I'm so looking forward to be able to purchase it ASAP! Also, improved rewards is a great news cause as of right now, gaining just 2 pawns for the win (after "paying" 8 to be even allowed to play) is a serious letdown.

All these news sounds just great and I'm really glad you're listening and doing something to improve your game. I hope these changes will help significantly and the game will recieve better reviews after its rough start. Thank you for being an exemplar developer and good luck with your game!

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash