★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Collect and upgrade a team of powerful heroes as you explore the latest action packed RPG, Alliance: Heroes of the Spire. Gather your allies, challenge fearsome enemies, and compete for legendary items.

Features:

[Collect]

19 Unique Item Sets
Summon hundreds of unique Heroes
Fire, Water, Nature, Order, and Chaos elements

[Upgrade]

Ascend your heroes to unlock new abilities and skins
Combine item sets for epic bonuses
Socket gems for powerful item enchantments

[Battle]

Explore countless Rifts and claim your glory!
Develop optimal team strategies based on Hero Ability synergies
Defeat mythical boss encounters for legendary rewards
Challenge friends to PvP combat
Never stop playing - Offline Battle Mode allows you to play while you are away

[Social]

Create or Join a Guild
Build powerful alliances
Compete for Leaderboard rewards against other Guilds

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/Alliance_HOTS
Like us in Facebook: facebook.com/alliancegame/

Boardumb's comments:

02-23-2017, 01:21 PM
This is out now.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
This is out now.
Sweet thanks for the heads up!
02-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Pretty much the same 'freemium' formula that's been used for years in action here.

* The typical five elements (Fire ==> Earth ==> Water ==> Fire, and Light <==> Dark)
* An endless flow of stamina that gets abruptly cut off once you reach double digits in levels
* A "VIP" system where you'd literally have to spend over $30,000 to max it out
* A 'spending gives gifts to your guild members' system to encourage players with disposable income to unite and dominate the game with their wallets
* A half-year Beta that wasn't reset so new players are hopelessly behind the 'testers.'

When the best "feature" is being able to auto-battle without having the game open, that says something.
02-27-2017, 08:24 AM
This game it very reminiscent of Summers War so if you've played that you will probably like this. It does have stamina, timers, higher level currency, VIP system, etc. But if you've put up with that from Summoners War, then you know how this goes.

I do appreciate the auto battle system and how you can basically 4-6 star any character (where Summoners War had a max limit based on each character's upgrade path). Some might say its improved upon that system, but its debateable and having beta players way ahead of the curve doesnt exactly help (aide from providing guides in their forums)

I do find the game decent and have been playing it for a couple days. I dont know for sure if it will hook me the same way summoners war did back in the day, but i have my doubts.