★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Reimagined for iOS, cult-hit RPG Sonny brings challenging turn-based combat that requires strategy and mastery of each new skill to survive in a bizarre and dangerous world.

When Sonny rises from the dead with his mind intact and his memories missing, his search for the truth will lead him and his allies to save the world or die trying against rampaging mutant zombies, monstrous techno-beasts, and much more. Reinventing the classic played by millions, Sonny is designed for cunning and creativity with an emphasis on strategy and difficulty as the gameplay evolves. Featuring stunning artwork by Jet Kimchrea and an engrossing original score by David Orr.

SUPPORTED DEVICES
iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPod Touch 6

Boardumb's comments:

01-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Watching the trailer and App Store video reminds me of zodiac orcanon oddyssy... but this is better then zodiac... gonna buy now

im a rpg loving kind of guy

01-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Can anyone give a short review?
01-12-2017, 01:48 AM
Oh hell yes I've been waiting all week. I hope this lives up to its legacy!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
01-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Seems like an odd choice based on the trailers to not even attempt to add combat animations to the game. Even the flash games had animations.
01-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
Seems like an odd choice based on the trailers to not even attempt to add combat animations to the game. Even the flash games had animations.
I agree, but am still really enjoying this! I've only played the prologue so far but can see other refinements. This looks like it can have a good customization with a respec option, and it's designed to be played without grinding, which is pretty cool.i say go for it if you are on the fence!
01-12-2017, 02:20 AM
I do hope it's not too short. I enjoy grinding as a huge RPG fan (which often accounts for a lot of the game length) which helps me adjust my strength based on where I am in the story. If there's no grinding I wonder if the story might end up being on the short side.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
01-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Just in case anyone's interested, it's a 1.3 GB install, but a 260 MB download.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-12-2017 at 02:53 AM.
01-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Does it have cloud support?

Also there seems to be a lot of conflicting information about it. I've heard that it contains the original games remade, and also heard that it doesn't and is just an entirely separate game but the beta footage here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8aUr1ReFQ) looks pretty similar to the start of the first game.
01-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Just a disclaimer: This is the first I've heard of "Sonny" and I generally dislike turn based battle mechanics in RPGs, but DAMN, this hard to put down. "Just one more fight" and the whole "carrot dangling" upgrade system make this SO hard to resist playing. The music's really great too.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"