★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 10tons Ltd
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 134.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (3)
App description: Xenoraid is a thrilling shooter game with classic action and modern features. Intercept the alien raiders and keep Earth safe!

Please note: The free version features limited content and ads. There is a single IAP to unlock the full game and remove ads.

Xenoraid features classic shooter gameplay with a wealth of brand new mechanics. Missions play out differently each time. You can switch between four fighters in real time. Advanced shooting mechanics such as diagonal shooting and weapon heat give the game a unique feel.

In between missions you can upgrade fighters, weapons, and strategic technologies. The campaign consists of more than 40 missions with four bossfights. A Hard Mode is available for the most skilled players. There's even three unique Survival levels with online leaderboards for endless replayability!

Features:
- Experience dynamic shoot'em up action with no level memorization
- Switch between four fighters in the heat of combat
- Manage your squadron with weapon and tech upgrades
- Master advanced shooting mechanics like fighter tilting and weapon heat
- Fight through a Campaign mode with more than 40 missions and four boss fights
- Compete in three endless Survival stages with online leaderboards
01-12-2017, 02:51 AM
The game is frickin amazing if I must say so myself! Congrats on the release 10tons! 🎉👌🏼😃

Good luck, you guys deserve it!

01-12-2017, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
The game is frickin amazing if I must say so myself! Congrats on the release 10tons! 🎉👌🏼😃

Good luck, you guys deserve it!
Completely agree. It seems 10tons can do no wrong when it comes to shooters. A few hours in now and this game is amazing. Great controls, a Neon Chrome(ish) style *rogue like upgrade progression system. More than I first expected that's for sure.

Edit: One time full premium unlock iap. The way ALL games should be.

*You can actually die and completely start over if you choose to or have a really bad run.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 01-12-2017 at 06:42 AM.
01-12-2017, 05:16 AM
I bought the game on steam for pc when it came out, but it plays so much better on mobile!!!

Great week with isaac and xenoraid. If darkest dungeon and sunless sea finally make it on mobile too, i won't have to switch on my pc ever again.
01-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I picked this game up and purchased the full unlock before I headed to the airport for my trip to Florida. This and BOI should keep me busy on the plane.
01-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Played some more... Looks like the 40 mission campaign is broken into 5 stages. If so, then I'm up to the second stage now.

This is definitely not your guns blazing, balls out shooter (please excuse me ladies) but far more tactical, precise and skill based. With weapon cooldown and limited budget, every single shot counts, as does every single dollar earnt and spent (no iap cash packs here, yay!).

Upgrades are meaningful and actually do something useful. Lots of ship and weapon variety mean lots of fleet customisation. Tonnes of enemy types and things happening on the battlefield, asteroids etc. Certain weapons are best suited for certain enemies, 4 different ships to swap in and out at will. Even swapping a ship just as you're about to get hit or enter an asteroid field is a legitimate tactic that you eventually have to use to survive.

I've never heard of this before so apologies if I'm not saying anything new... I'm just really enjoying this a lot. Apparently some other duel stick shooter was released recently but I've barely touched it cause I've been playing this...

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 01-12-2017 at 10:22 AM.
01-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Does anyone else have some performance issues with this title? I'm playing on an iphone 6s Plus and the game seems to slowdown if there's too many explosions and debris on the screen.

Apart from this, I love it
01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
I paid for the full unlock to support 10tons for either the next game already...or to invest a little more time into these...*cough*...ok-working controls. Maybe it's just me, getting old with shivery thumbs, but don't expect to get top-notch controls (as in my mother of all dual-stick shmups Meteor Blitz, or a Cave's game). It feels heavy and/or sluggish/slow with a bit of momentum. I'm definitely not living on the same planet and playing the same game if someone's says "they nailed the controls". But again, as i wrote in another famous thread this week, it's a taste matter of Each to his Own.
Relative touch as in Cave's would make the game way too easy (at least in the first six levels i played) because of the wave's system with few enemies. At least i can steer with my right thumb (somewhere near the middle screen) to avoid getting hit in the low left corner.

Other than that, the game looks good, has great sfx sounds, upgrades, due to overheating it's no button smasher, and it has checkpoints to start your next rogue-like adventure from there. There are also some nice tactical tricks up its sleeves. Change your fighter in the right moment to dodge some enemies/projectiles, or maybe lure them into the asteroid field (can't confirm this yet, but i felt like i did - Is that possible, Devs?)

Another little wish...can we get rid of the useless white circle on the steer-pad, please? Hinders only the precious sight.
Edit: Nevermind, stupid me overlooked the Controls Visible option.

Hey, it's free to try out, so make up your mind for yourself. (Installed MB 169)

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders

Last edited by Qwertz555; 01-12-2017 at 12:44 PM.
01-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Unlocked the premium pack to support the Dec as I think this game has great potential. I love the way you upgrade your ships, the way you can switch from one to another but the controls aren't perfect, I hope the dev will listen to us and fix it.
01-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Played the console version of this and actually thought it was pretty bland (a common theme in professional reviews as well). Any differences with the mobile version?

Edit: wanted to make sure people know I have huge respect for 10tons and absolutely love Neon Chrome. This just didn't grab me

Last edited by anthony78; 01-12-2017 at 11:40 AM.