What do you think will be the impact of the Nintendo Switch on the MFI controllers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by noteatino, Jan 13, 2017.

1. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    When on Tabletop mode (The main unit used as screen and each Joy-Con used as a controller), The Nintendo Switch reminded me when I play with my Steelseries Stratus XL on my iPad, and I think it will be interesting to see the impact of the Switch on the MFI controllers. These are waaaay cheaper if you're planning to play on the go, there are tons of games waaaaaay cheaper too, the battery life is longer than the Switch (obviously the Switch games are more demanding), and you're already have an iPad that you could benefit from. And of course all of the buzz around the console could benefit the sales of these controllers. Even the Gamevice looks like The Nintendo Switch when on Portable mode. So what are your thoughts?

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I hope it does impact. Would be cool if supporting those controls were the norm, not exception (even if I prefer touch most of time).

3. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Yep, would be cool to be implemented more and more. (i.e. the games with virtual sticks should have it)