★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Air Hockey not available in US store ???

09-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to DeadlySquirrels
Air Hockey not available in US store ???

My iTunes is showing that Air Hockey needs to be updated. I tried to update the application but it tells me its been removed, so I tried to download it through the "Top paid apps" section and I get this "The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store." Anyone else experiencing this ?
09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
My contract with Apple got deleted today while they were trying to convert the seller name to "Acceleroto" from my name. I've been on the phone & email all day to try to get this fixed...

It looks like they just put it back on the store, but it's not in the top 10 list any more. You (hopefully still) can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/airhockey

Sorry for the pain with this.
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to DeadlySquirrels
No problem, I was just dying to play the new update Thanks for making such a wonderful app by the way.
09-17-2008, 10:50 PM
You're welcome & thanks! This update just makes the bots a little bit smarter as the difficulty ramps up and fixes a few bugs behind the scenes. The next version (1.1.4) adds "INSANE!" 1-player difficulty, random table color after your second game, URL launching capability, and a few other little things.

Wait 'til you see INSANE! I think it's appropriately named.

I'm working on 1.2.0 now. It'll be a bigger update & will hopefully add a bunch of fun to the game. There's still a long way to go on 1.2, so you might see a couple smaller updates before it's released.
09-18-2008, 08:04 AM
What this game needs is network play. Playing other people online would be the bomb. I don't know if it's feasible, but if so you have my permission to charge everyone 99 additional cents (or equivalent) once you add it.
09-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Air Hockey is back in the App Store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I don't know if it's feasible, but if so you have my permission to charge everyone 99 additional cents (or equivalent) once you add it.
I wasn't happy with the tests I did across town...too high of pings for a game as quick as Air Hockey on that small of a screen. Pings were horrible when the phone was on only the cell network. My LAN tests look good though. Feasible. I'm working on it for version 1.2.0.