★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-18-2017, 02:06 PM
I'm getting better at this for sure.

It's not easy to make a refreshing runner these days!
01-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Tiny thing:
"...for people who love Skydriving..."
I'm guessing is supposed to be skydiving?
Very stylish game.

01-18-2017, 04:03 PM
The controls for aiming for the platforms are frustrating. There isnt enough perception to know how to aim exactly and the controls are flowy.
01-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn12345 View Post
The controls for aiming for the platforms are frustrating. There isnt enough perception to know how to aim exactly and the controls are flowy.
I thought exactly the same at first but there is a knack to it, after a bit of practice I got used to it and it started to feel more natural.
01-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Quote:
I would like to contest that thats the way its supposed to be. Theres much more freedom involved, silly hud interface doesnt clutter the screen and gives the game a stylish look. Besides, I dont like it when games try to cater it for amateur players too much. It's condescending really.

That being said I'm appreciating the difficulty curve in the game - keeps me coming back
01-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah, it seems super sensitive at first, but you eventually get used to it. I can jump off a ledge and predict fairly accurately where I will land. It just takes practice.

Earlier in the thread I was saying this brings something new to platformers because I have never played one where you have to line your jumps with the next platform. It almost reminds me of a platformer mixed with Impossible Road. Anyone who has played that game knows when you go flying off the track, you have to guide your little ball through a free fall and try to hit a platform before the timer runs out. Anyways, I have never seen anything like that in any other infinite runner or platformer.
01-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Jumping with accuracy was a problem for me in the beginning. I got use to it quick and realize this was the absolute best way for the controls . I got use to them quick and love it and thankful they are this way because it gives the game a better feel and certain difficulty that makes the game even better.

5star game with so much content that will blow your mind , really
01-18-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm not an endless runner guy. But I AM a guy who runs endlessly, and more importantly who freeruns. So any runner that veers closer to parkour form gets my interest, and Sky Dancer seems to have some related elements. Also, it's friggin' attractive and seems aggressively atmospheric.

(I'm still holding out for a parkour-themed, mostly realistic behind-the-back - or even first-person - endless runner, though. Smart swipes to perform freerunning techniques to accumulate more time/increase score/overcome obstacles and keep moving/avoid nasties, change direction and climb stuff and switch paths and maintain velocity, plus a flow meter that rewards high momentum and continuous traversal, etc.

Devs, take note. There are a whole few dollars to gain if you cater to my obscure and highly particular preferences!)

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 01-18-2017 at 06:48 PM.
01-18-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm getting a very Alto's Adventure vibe. Is this the same dev?
01-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhovianWithALightsaber View Post
I'm getting a very Alto's Adventure vibe. Is this the same dev?
Nope. I'm pretty sure the UI takes a huge inspiration from AA, but in a totally good way! Pine developed this one, Snowman games made AA.