Universal [CA,DE,SG Soft Launch] Planet of Heroes (by MY COM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    old soft launch thread

2. Numidium

Numidium Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Played a bit in the beta. Pretty fun.
    Really like the artstyle, very reminiscent of Wildstar.

Although it's going to have to do more since vainglory has a monopoly on 3v3 mobile moba.

3. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    The graphics definitely remind me of the PC game Wildstar. Why can't I get a live solo PVP going? I tap on the character, hit ready but no one accepts. It then goes back to the previous screen.

4. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    Add me to play together - ruphio

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Very barebones as of right now. Shame. Hoped there would be more features, even for a softlaunch. Kind of boring at the moment.

- No chat, not even a teamchat with fixed messages. No way to communicate..?
    - No ranked matches (ugh..)
    - No way to add teammates as friends after game. The only way to add frieds is adding them by their specific name.
    - Map is kinda boring? Hm difficult to explain. The visuals are great, its just the map design is a bit boring. Especially the lane itself. The jungle looks better.

Till they fix these points, especially the first three, it's way too boring and I rather play Mobile Legends.

I know it's a softlaunch, but the first three points are key if you want to develop a moba. They should have done that before their softlaunch.

6. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Exactly how I feel. It is rather ho hum to be honest. I do like the controls and it is easy to play. It definitely needs a lot more to keep me interested though.

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i like the core gameplay so far!
    unlocking new heroes seems like a lot of grinding.
    with some updates and more features this could actually become pretty good.

8. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Collective Bear Wrestling
    Moscow, Russia
    Thanks for your feedback guys! We are way too inactive on these forums, which hopefully will change.

We are still on the fence with this. Fixed messages and emojis are in preparation but we likely won't implement free chat as many games have shown that nothing good comes out of it. Targetting April's update for communications in some way.

The PVP matches are all tracked and ranked for Solo and Team Players on esports.my.com. We want to implement an ingame view along with Player Profiles showing statistics of your progress and games and there have been meetings of UI and game designers already about it. Could make it into March update but not guaranteed.

Yes, we want you to be able to do that too and revamp the whole end-of-battle screen with more information than plain KDA and user names. Since we're also planning shareable replays, a new UI concept is needed as we want to keep the entire app and game design as clean and unobtrusive as possible.

I will let the Art team know. There is an everlasting struggle between clean and boring. As soon as we add more bling, like many other games in this genre do, the map and screen as a whole loses informational value by distraction. Certainly an area of constant improvement though - thanks again for bringing it to attention!

The key to unlocking is doing the daily quests which boost the Planetoon currency income significantly, as does actually winning your games :D

9. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    what about having a random hero (u didnt unlock yet) each day to try them
    and also more missions ( like dealing xy damage in a game or killing 20 neutrals ) > you may look into the dota 2 battle passes to get dome ideas :) so after completing a path of missions you earn a rare skin as example

also i think the problem without chat is that you cant coordinate
    instead if smileys maybe add an option that says push or defend or go that way or hide here
    maybe something case sensitive with the ping option ( ping an enemy tower > says push)

how much do the levels effect thw damage dealt ? sone information about that would be really nice :)

and last thing: i like the idea of having special events

10. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    We will unlock ALL heroes in Practice mode so you can try them, coming with the update this week.

More missions will come at some point, however, aside from daily missions, you can already play 2 story arcs in 2 difficulties, giving Elders Insignia and other stuff at the end to unlock high level runes that alter the abilities drastically. In addition, we're running Weekend events for playing and winning with specific heroes to win skins, for example.

We're putting at back to the short term agenda but need to make improvements for new players first and expand the hero roster as priorities. Communication is important, no doubt, but only being used by experienced players properly with intended purpose so it's a little behind more crucial improvements.

As soon as we find the time, we will setup a Wiki for those who thrive on the math warfare :)) Perhaps such a wiki would even come from the community itself which we'd be happy to assist - let's see.

Thanks again for your feedback!

11. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    oh and i think i found a bug:
    if you do the missions the timer doesnt stop through cutscenes ( or is that intendet :) )

12. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    It's calculated into the timer, yeah - you are not expected to beat it the first time but get acquainted with the missions, read story etc, and when you had some tries, to aim for the 3 stars :)

That being said, the Escape mission with the Spider will get 20 more seconds soon, we realized it might be too ambitious :D

13. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    sometimes you dont get rewards for games ( seems as they dont count) also did the training-like level in the second difficulty level from the campaign and i didnt get the under 2:30 ( had sth like 2 minutes)
    but i really enjoy the game thusfar :)
    a shame that u cant see the rank without facebook :/
    and it would be nice if you could do stuff while searching for a game ( checking heroes, missions, basically use the menu and get a notifier when its ready)

14. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    Hi again - the rewards bug should be fixed with today's patch, it occurred when someone taps too fast on the end of battle screen, weirdly enough. For the Campaign mission, we will need to check as we didn't spot problems aside from the 1/1 and 0/1 switcheroo which is purely visual.

Facebook and Ranking is a temporary solution to a) softly force players to give the game a unique identifier (obsolete as of today, but iOS hides normally hides your unique device ID and phone number, so the DB doesn't know "who" your phone is after a re-install), and to be aware of what's going on with the game via Facebook news.
    The ranking will be incorporated into the game with one of the next 2 Updates (March or April) when we complete player profile pages, and API for web display.

Doing something aside from starting another game mode such as check out heroes and runes will be possible from the March update, it was in our plans already so I'm glad to have this wish of yours fulfilled soon :)

15. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    so thats how the bug looks on level 1.5 on the second difficulty level

the update seems cool and really improved the ping for me :)

Attached Files:

16. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    It looks like a localization bug to me then as it is working, I just tested it quickly on my private account:

[​IMG]

17. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    hi, is MFI controller support coming for this game?

18. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
    We have it on our list but want to expand on core features first - on Thursday there will be another update adding some new stuff like a new hero and a new campaign act. Next up are the "casual competitive" features. MFI is still very niche, something we as tech geeks are very fond of but of course need to cater to the bigger audience first.

19. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    update is out :) !