★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cricket Captain 2016

The Number One Cricket management game returns for 2016. Its time for cricket fans around the world to put their tactical expertise to the test in the most in-depth cricket management game ever made.

Developed in association with Chris Rogers, captain of Somerset, Cricket Captain 2016 has more playable teams, new South African and New Zealand leagues, and more great features than ever before.

Cricket Captain has been hailed as the best cricket management simulation ever created and Cricket Captain 2016 takes the game to the next level with day/night matches, an updated interface, improved match engine and all the attention to detail that you expect from the series.

Key features for 2016 include:

79 playable domestic teams: across 5 domestic leagues, including 12 new teams in the New Zealand and South African domestic cricket leagues.
Day/Night matches: with night-time 3D highlights and match conditions.
In-Game Help System: help text available with guidance and tips.
Updated Tournament modes: Updated One Day International and 20 Over World Cup tournaments. Play as any international team that played in the last two World Cups including Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman, Scotland or the UAE.
New 3D lighting system.
User controlled cameras in 3D highlights: choose between active and user-controlled cameras.
Improved One Day and T20 match engine: combined with revised player form calculation for One Day and T20 games.
Updated kits: for International teams, NZ and SA domestic teams.
Historical scenarios: Classic series between England, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
Improved interface.
New database: with improved player ability ratings.
58 Game Center Achievements and 12 Game Center Leaderboards
01-20-2017, 05:38 AM
Why did this slip under the radar?

01-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Why did this slip under the radar?
Interesting, I'm a cricket tragic and missed this one.

I'll check it out now thanks for highlighting it.

Reviews on the store not bad at all.
01-20-2017, 07:28 AM
thanks for posting! this looks great def want to try it out
01-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Love cricket. Can I get some impressions, please? Never played a cricket management sim before.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
01-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Love cricket. Can I get some impressions, please? Never played a cricket management sim before.
Same here hoping for impressions but tonight I may can grab it up if and when I do I will post my impressions for now just hit me to go online and find some play through videos good way to see what it's all about
01-20-2017, 03:25 PM
I have the CC 2014. These later versions look similar. It works like the football managment sims; buying and selling players, coaches etc. The matches are well presented and give the same sort of control that a captain would have in a real match. During bowling, you can select/change bowlers, adjust their style, and set field placings. When batting you can set how aggressively the batsmen play and whether one should try and take more of the strike. But of course there is no direct control over the result. Like the real game the pace is slow and so plenty of spare time is needed, especially in career mode. Personally I prefer Smashtastic Cricket. Much faster paced and with some arcade type involvment in the matches.
01-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
I have the CC 2014. These later versions look similar. It works like the football managment sims; buying and selling players, coaches etc. The matches are well presented and give the same sort of control that a captain would have in a real match. During bowling, you can select/change bowlers, adjust their style, and set field placings. When batting you can set how aggressively the batsmen play and whether one should try and take more of the strike. But of course there is no direct control over the result. Like the real game the pace is slow and so plenty of spare time is needed, especially in career mode. Personally I prefer Smashtastic Cricket. Much faster paced and with some arcade type involvment in the matches.
Thanks for the feedback
Def looks like a game hat will require time and patience to get into and while I like those sometimes I don't
I've been a fan of the real cricket games
Real cricket 2016 is good I just wish it wasn't so heavy with in app purchases and instead had a 5-10$ flat fee and then it would be really good
I'm still debating on it
May grab 14 first since it's cheaper and see how I like it
01-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Smashtastic is great, still playing that one regularly.

I'll pick this up once the funds recover from the latest app binge.

Big Cup Cricket is also worth a look if you like arcadey action.
01-21-2017, 07:56 AM
International teams you say?
Pakistan included?