★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ivory Tiles Help

12-28-2008, 05:36 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,393
Ivory Tiles Help

Hey Guys, I have been playing the little AppStore gem, Ivory Tiles, and I need some help. I basically blasted through the first sets of puzzles, and then when I reached the Peak stages I couldn't figure out Yin and Yang or Approach. I've spent at least 30 minutes on each of the puzzles and can't figure them out. If anyone can help me out then that would be great! And if anyone is looking for a great game right now, Ivory Tiles is a steal at $2.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4
Hey Tennisking1o1,

Thanks! We're actually in the process of putting together a faq for people who are stuck on certain levels that we're putting up on the website for the game. In the short term though:

For Yin and Yang, the easiest way to solve is to to tilt it down and then right after every block that you slide up through the hole. So it starts off with Up, Down, Right, then does Up Down Right Down Right over and over again. hard to explain without drawing a picture =) This isn't the most efficient way to solve it though!

For Approach, you want to drop exactly two blocks in the groove without messing up the orientation of the other two. You can do this Left, Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right. Then it's just a matter of getting the two tiles in the groove onto their targets while getting the tiles above onto theirs - let me know if you want spoilers for that =)

Thanks, and I'm really glad you've having fun with it!

12-30-2008, 11:57 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyote View Post
Hey Tennisking1o1,

Thanks! We're actually in the process of putting together a faq for people who are stuck on certain levels that we're putting up on the website for the game. In the short term though:

For Yin and Yang, the easiest way to solve is to to tilt it down and then right after every block that you slide up through the hole. So it starts off with Up, Down, Right, then does Up Down Right Down Right over and over again. hard to explain without drawing a picture =) This isn't the most efficient way to solve it though!

For Approach, you want to drop exactly two blocks in the groove without messing up the orientation of the other two. You can do this Left, Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right. Then it's just a matter of getting the two tiles in the groove onto their targets while getting the tiles above onto theirs - let me know if you want spoilers for that =)

Thanks, and I'm really glad you've having fun with it!
Wow, thank you so much. I didn't think anyone was going to have the solutions. This game really is great, and we love seeing developers on this site. So welcome to the forums and I can't wait and see if you hav any future projects! Thanks again!

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 2,632
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyote View Post
Hey Tennisking1o1,

Thanks! We're actually in the process of putting together a faq for people who are stuck on certain levels that we're putting up on the website for the game. In the short term though:

For Yin and Yang, the easiest way to solve is to to tilt it down and then right after every block that you slide up through the hole. So it starts off with Up, Down, Right, then does Up Down Right Down Right over and over again. hard to explain without drawing a picture =) This isn't the most efficient way to solve it though!

For Approach, you want to drop exactly two blocks in the groove without messing up the orientation of the other two. You can do this Left, Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right. Then it's just a matter of getting the two tiles in the groove onto their targets while getting the tiles above onto theirs - let me know if you want spoilers for that =)

Thanks, and I'm really glad you've having fun with it!
Hello. I decided that I would just drop in and greet the dev of the game. Its really nice to have you around here, and any devs are always welcome. But if you start making bad apps, I may as well warn you, we will insult you and the app for all its worth, but Ivory Tiles looks really good. I don't have it, but it still looks great.
12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 2,632
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Wow, thank you so much. I didn't think anyone was going to have the solutions. This game really is great, and we love seeing developers on this site. So welcome to the forums and I can't wait and see if you hav any future projects! Thanks again!
It's good to see TA get back to how it was. He greet the dev, and he gives help, and no asking for promo codes. This is how it should work.
12-30-2008, 12:10 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sam's town
Posts: 332
Hey congratulations for the great game it's really amazing

I'm stuck at some levels in the peak section so i really could use a lot the solutions
12-30-2008, 12:11 PM
#7
Great to see the devs here. I didn't know about Ivory Tiles. I'll have to check it out.
12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,438
We recommended Ivory Tiles too

video:
http://toucharcade.com/2008/12/12/iv...e-puzzle-game/

welcome,
arn
12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Hello. I decided that I would just drop in and greet the dev of the game. Its really nice to have you around here, and any devs are always welcome. But if you start making bad apps, I may as well warn you, we will insult you and the app for all its worth, but Ivory Tiles looks really good. I don't have it, but it still looks great.
Ha, good point about the bad apps. Anyway, if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself t buy this one. It falls in a category with tanzen, where it's just really relaxing to play and it has that chill "vibe" about it. It also hasn't received the credit it deserves from the app store.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 2,632
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Ha, good point about the bad apps. Anyway, if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself t buy this one. It falls in a category with tanzen, where it's just really relaxing to play and it has that chill "vibe" about it. It also hasn't received the credit it deserves from the app store.
If I do get it, I'll have to review it. If its anything like Tanzen, then its a must have. I may get it, but I spent a bit too much on apps last night, so, it could be a while before I can get it.