Devlog/Announcement Archer Dash 2 - Endless Running/Archery Game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gray Giant Games, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Gray Giant Games

Gray Giant Games Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    #1 Gray Giant Games, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Touch Arcade Community,

First, thank you for taking time out of your day to come here and take a look at what I have been working on. I really appreciate it!

Second let me say thank you for having me! I'm brand new here, but plan to be an active member of society, so I am looking forward to getting to know you guys!

A little bit about me I guess, I'm a husband, father of 3 amazing kids (8, 5, and 2) and I have loved video games ever since I played Star Wars: Rebel Assault on my Dad's computer when I was 5. Right after that is when I got a DMG-01 GameBoy. The combination of these two experience has fueled a love and passion for video games to this day. After playing video games all of my life, I decided I wanted to see if I could make a game, and that may have been a mistake. I discovered that I liked making games so much that I hardly ever PLAY them anymore. No really. I hardly ever play games because all I can think about when I have spare time (which isn't much with a full time job, a wife and three kids) is how badly I want to be working on my game. I love it, and I hope I am able to create games that you guys will love and enjoy playing as well. I think that's enough about me, onto why you are here in the first place.

Gray Giant Games is a single man development studio and Archer Dash 2 is a pixel art infinite running/archer game. I've been working on it for 6 months, and have already released it on the Google Play store. The game has changed quite a bit since release on the Play store (i.e. Power Ups have been added along with some difficulty balancing and UI/UX improvements), but I would like to show you guys the release trailer for Android, and the info graphic for the iOS release before delving into my devlog, I hope you enjoy it!

The characters you see were designed and animated by Tyler Poe (@royalepoe) and the music was done by Rolemusic. Other than that, everything was done by me.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty much going to let the video and the info graphic speak for themselves.

The game is focused on challenging players to not only dodge the obstacles that are coming their way, but to also shoot the targets using a projectile system similar to what you find in games like Angry Birds and the like. This merger of two great mechanics has led to a great new sort of game! While you can play most of the game without shooting a projectile, there are obstacles that can not be passed without shooting them and you must shoot the bosses.

Here are a couple of gifs to show off how everything works!

[​IMG]

I'll be posting plenty more, and if there is anything in particular anyone wants to see, please don't hesitate to ask!

Huge update! I've added a palette swapper in the game. Here are a few of the palettes you can choose from!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Gray Giant Games

2. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    [​IMG]

Extremely proud to announce that we will be running our open beta starting this week. We have all of our major iOS issues sorted, FINALLY!

If you're interested in participating in the beta, please send us your email address via PM. Looking forward to getting our game in the hands of the touch arcade community!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks amazing! Signing up!

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Wow, looks fantastic.

5. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    Thank you! Looking forward to finally getting the game released on iOS.

6. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    Launching the beta as of right now, if you want to join in, just PM me your test-flight email!

7. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    For those of you that have said they want to take part and have sent me your emails, could you confirm that you have received your invitations on testflight?

Thanks ahead of time!

8. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    Just updated the beta with a few small fixes, should be live soon! If you want to participate in the beta you can register here!

9. pandapando

pandapando Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Looks great! I love the style, so many good Game Boy memories...

10. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    I'm glad you like it! Did you sign up for the test flight beta?? I would love to hear your opinion on the game!

11. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    Archer Dash 2 is slotted for release on February 23rd! I've already submitted the game for review, fingers crossed for a quick review!

12. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    #12 Gray Giant Games, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Huge update! I've added a palette swapper in the game. Here are a few of the palettes you can choose from!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    This looks cool, where can I find part 1?

14. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    I took the original down. The game was good in concept, but the delivery was lacking. I learned a lot from the original game, and all of that knowledge and experience, has gone into this game. It was a decent game, but I wasn't satisfied with the overall quality after I spent more time honing my skills and becoming a more polished developer.

This releases on the app store on the 23rd (unless Apple denies my submission).

15. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    [​IMG]

Archer Dash 2 has a new logo and banner. What do you guys think!

Super excited for release on February 23rd!

16. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017
    Mechanical Engineer
    Memphis, TN

Gameplay trailer for Archer Dash 2!

February 23rd! WOOT!

17. Gray Giant Games

Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2017