★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Playdemic
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 109.2 MB
  • Version: 2.1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The sun is shining, its time to play the real-time multiplayer game everybodys talking about!

Play on beautiful courses against players around the world in real-time as you compete in tournaments, 1v1 games and challenge your Facebook friends!

Upgrade your clubs and unlock tours as you master your golf skills in the quest to be the Golf Clash king!

- Quick-fire 1v1 real-time gameplay.
- Revolutionary shot system thats easy to learn but difficult to master.
- Thousands of live players online waiting to be challenged.
- Progress through more advanced tours as you raise the stakes.
- Earn promotion in weekly leagues to win club card bonuses.
- Compete against your friends via Facebook to earn the bragging rights.
- Unlock chests as you discover and upgrade to premium clubs and balls.
- Save and share replays of your jaw-dropping shots.
- Chat with opponents and send emojis during the match!
- Advance through challenging courses and weather conditions.

Emoji icons supplied by EmojiOne
01-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Is there really no discussion on this game? It is extremely polished and fair, and I must say the most fun I've had with an iOS Golf game. Enjoy! 😃

01-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Is there really no discussion on this game? It is extremely polished and fair, and I must say the most fun I've had with an iOS Golf game. Enjoy! 😃
Yeah agree, one of the few I play daily now.

Very refined and polished arcade golf game, fun and when Iose or do bad I feel like it's my fault. Having different leagues is great, while obviously not the first, it fits really well. And the mobile style matches that last 3-5 minutes.

Very well made unfortunately it's not offline.
01-22-2017, 04:33 PM
is this a new game? I just discovered it in the morning.. the whole freemium model is a ripoff of Clash Royale, it's basicly the same thing. Chest opening, collecting cards, upgrading, different tiers and rewards. Unfortunatelly, it seems "greedier" than Clash Royale. Gems has lower value, prices are higher. Even waiting times for chest opening is slightly longer. If this is a new game, I get it. It needs to be polished over time and direct comparison with almost a year old Clash Royale isn't too fair. On the other hand, I invested significant amount of money into Clash Royale and I don't regret it. If I'm about to do the same with Golf Clash, I'd appreciate some assurance it'll be worth it. So far I'm quite satisfied with the gameplay, I played approx. 20 games with 75% winning ratio, but it's getting harder with each tier and losing trophies feels more hurtfull than in Clash Royale. Also, unlike in Clash Royale, you're forced to pay for every single match with coins, so in case of losing, you're not losing just the trophies, but coins as well. And with real money you can buy a significant advantage by using better balls (only the basic ones are unlimited). There are IAPs with 100€+ asking price which is ridiculous. The game has a lot of potential, but feels like a serious money grab in current state. I guess it'll need some significant tweekeing to succeed in longer run. The gameplay is very similar to that new arrow-shooting game, title I can't remember, it's the same as 8-pool game. Here's also just one hole and in case of draw (which is pretty much every single time) there's a shootout with the closest ball winning. So much from me. It's free so everyone can try and make up their own mind. I'm curious about incoming updates and tweaks. Until then, I'm not going to invest real money. I'm just not sure if it's worth it yet.

EDIT: I played 20+ more games and finished first two tiers. Game really need some serious tweaking. For example, second player has always significant advantage over the first one because he can watch every single step his opponent is doing and adjust his gameplay by taking the opponents results into consideration and avoid his mistakes.
Also, in case of losing in friendly matches, you're also losing coins! I've never seen anything like this in any other game. My friends refuse to play with me because they're losing coins. I mean, what's the logic in that? Last but not least, advanced players are using spin techniques (front/back or side) against me, but there's no tutorial or explanation how this works and there's no way to practice it either. But I guess, unless there's something wrong with monetization system in the game, nobody's going to care about fixing anything. I contacted support because I have no sound or music on two of my devices and I received only generic answer without even addressing me directly (it says: "hello golfer" even though I provided my full name and other details) with advice to contact support from HELP menu inside the game (which is what I did exactly).. well, nevermind...

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash

Last edited by macplash; 01-23-2017 at 04:48 PM.
01-23-2017, 05:22 PM
I've been playing this game the past few days and I really, really do like it. What I'm not liking is I am getting a TON of common cards of this Rocket Club. Also don't like that you can unlock 1 chest at a time that is terrible! And the rewards from almost all chests is very lack luster too!
01-23-2017, 07:39 PM
I kinda like the game but I hate: putter not having enough strength to go up the green so my ball essentially keeps rolling back down the hill with no way of making the putt.

Second: guy/gal hits his ball out of bounds, no stroke penalty and gets a better lie for next shit then me who's dealing with being in the rough/bunker...just seems better to take a risky shot and if it's out of bounds, you'll still be rewarded over the person who plays it safe....
01-25-2017, 06:43 PM
To answer the question about spin tecnique, you have to unlock balls (just like the clubs) that have these attributes.
01-27-2017, 02:49 AM
I've been playing this game for the last few days and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm at 700 or so and haven't spent anything - the key is patience in both upgrading clubs, and in your play on the course.

For example, the rocket is a decent driver even though it doesn't go very far, because it is accurate. I use an accurate driver to play for position but ensure I am on the fairway. I can then choose to play a risky or safe second, depending on my opponent's shot.

Don't rush to play upper tiers - grinding it out on the lower ones will let you build a bankroll and have a safe shot at the big money later.

I have no sound on my version - but I'm on Android for my phone - so if anyone gets this working, let me know.
01-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Fun, but...

This is fun, but the putting is WAY to easy.
About 90% of the matches I play go into the tiebreaker, and then whoever has the better club normally wins.
Need more holes too...keep playing the same ones over and over.
Not a bad effort, but playing against people that have clearly paid for expensive clubs just isn't ideal.
01-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I've been playing this game for the last few days and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm at 700 or so and haven't spent anything - the key is patience in both upgrading clubs, and in your play on the course.
Don't rush to play upper tiers - grinding it out on the lower ones will let you build a bankroll and have a safe shot at the big money later.
700 trophies? each tier has trophy limit so you can't get more and you just need to go higher.. if you're at 700, you have to be playing at tier 5 or 6, I guess.. grinding doesn't work for me.. it's 800 coins per match in tier 3 and 3000 in tier 4, so I have to win 5 games to be even able to enter the match in higher tier.. I've got approx. 170 trophies and if I try to play in tier 4, I'm matched with players with 350+ trophies and I just don't stand a chance against them, so I'm losing money with each attempt. I wish we compete in trophies only (like in clash royale), losing trophies AND money just sucks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I have no sound on my version - but I'm on Android for my phone - so if anyone gets this working, let me know.
I didn't have sound on one of my android devices as well but it's been fixed with the latest update (January 28th I guess), it works just fine now even though there's no music..

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash