Golf Zero (looking for Beta Testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ColinL, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Hello!

Brad Erkkila and myself have been working on a crazy platforming, slow mo golf game called Golf Zero. We are now at the stage where we want to get some feedback on difficulty levels, bugs, annoyances etc.

I tried to make a gif of the game but failed miserably so read Jared's post to get a better idea of what the game is http://toucharcade.com/2017/01/12/golf-zero-new-teaser/

DM me your e-mail and I will send you a test flight build,

Cheers!

Colin.

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Hi... got the TestFlight thanks! Its an amazing game! But add different characters loke a ninja!

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Sent you my email, would like to help test.

4. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks, but sorry, no unlock-able characters in this one!

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just golden the first 7 levels, this is very fun platforming/golfing it's a new twist on the golfing games, an easy reccommondation for arcade/twitch/golf lovers once this is hitting.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Got the invite and I am on hole 19. The level design is fantastic, starting simple and then introducing the camera and more complex levels.

I am finding the difficulty perfect so far in that I can clear the hole but popping the balloon takes some serious skill on some holes. (Some holes I did not pop the ballon and was just happy with the silver medal). I like that there are also different ways to approach a hole depending on if you will be satisfied with just the silver medal versus going for gold.

This game is incredibly original in combining all of the elements that it does!

I haven't come across any issues (game breaking/basic glitches).

7. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Okay! Loving the game!

8. Brandonator

Brandonator New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Waiting for an invite to the beta. So far the game looks great! Can't wait!

9. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
  10. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you!

really appreciate the kind words. Im also happy to just get the silver on some levels :D

11. Golf Zero beta

Yes please! Looks awesome, can't wait to try.

12. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    PM me your e-mail if you haven't already :D

13. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Game looks insane from the footage! Can't wait to play it!

14. Gold ZEROOOOOO

Oh yeah
    [email protected]:D

15. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Oh my goodness is this game fun! It's like crazy ninja trick shot golf. I frickin love it! #

I think I found a bug though. On hole 7 I repeatedly popped the balloon while sinking the shot, sometimes while jumping on the blob guy as well, and it would always give me a silver medal. It would say that I didn't pop the balloon when I did. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Y'all have created an amazing game! It is ALOT of fun! ######

16. suitcasenuke

suitcasenuke Member
    Patreon Silver

Thanks for the kind words! We've been having a blast making it. We'll look into that balloon issue.

17. This game looks absolutely brilliant, nice work guys! Looking forward to playing it.

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I thought that too at first but you get gold with only one shot, so one shot to pop the balloon and get the ball in.

19. Neglectfate

Neglectfate Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Great game! Really loving how fluid and challenging it is! This is probably one of the most fun games I played on iOS! Just three things I would like to address. One is, I hope there will be customization or other characters to play as.

The next might be user error. I didn't know you were allowed to use more than one ball to get a gold medal. So until level 11 or so, I was trying to hit the balloon and make it into the hole! I am so used to angry birds where you have to use one bird mostly to get 3 stars. Again, I know this is user error but maybe you can explain the conditions before you click to start the level you are one. Like gold medal hit balloon and make it in. Silver make it in. Etc. if it always follows those conditions, then maybe just bring it up in the tutorial (not sure if it already does).

Finally, I hope there will be user created levels via a level maker, or maybe just randomly generated endless mode. Something of that nature. Will keep people playing since there will be so much to play.

Amazing game, though! I am now on hole 20 with all previous levels having a gold medal. keep up the great work!

20. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Hey Thanks for all the good feedback so far. We are working on tidying up the balloon, medal system. Hole seven is set up incorrectly, it should tell you to only use one ball for gold. there are also some issue when you pop the balloon after the ball goes in the hole.

We don't currently have any plans for unlock able characters or customisation, It would be a massive amount of work with all the different animation states the character has. (in other words I'm not smart enough to work out a good way to do it) Hats could be a possibility but not in the launch version, its already a massive project for 2 people as it is.

There is a pop up telling you that you can use three balls at a time, ill make it so you have to tap it to progress beyond it.

We will get back to work and hopefully have another build out soon.

Cheers!