★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Red's Kingdom Price Discussion

01-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Red's Kingdom Price Discussion

What a shaft. I literally bought this minutes before the price drop.

I know it's only a quid, but some how it feels like I have just been robbed!!!
01-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigzisonfire View Post
What a shaft. I literally bought this minutes before the price drop.

I know it's only a quid, but some how it feels like I have just been robbed!!!
Still, I feel the Dev's deserve of 3.99 of my monies for this awesome game!

01-21-2017, 01:19 PM
did they drop the price? I'm sure I got it for 5$ now it says 3.99$? if so I'm not mad I'm just a little disappointed as it just came out

im a rpg loving kind of guy
01-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Price dropped again?
01-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Price dropped again?
Yup!
01-22-2017, 08:30 AM
Hi,

The price drop was to help overall traction, the game is doing well and getting amazing reviews worldwide. The price drop hopefully will enable us to get better overall traction and chart position so we can support the game with whole new area's to explore via updates.

If you like Red's Kingdom, please let all your friends know how good it is.

pepsi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Price dropped again?
01-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
Hi,

The price drop was to help overall traction, the game is doing well and getting amazing reviews worldwide. The price drop hopefully will enable us to get better overall traction and chart position so we can support the game with whole new area's to explore via updates.

pepsi..
The problem that remains though, is that you've burnt all your early supporting buyers, twice now. As well as making them think you don't really care about them. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually see a lot of people getting refunds.

The next time you release an awesome premium game and can't understand why no one is buying it... will more than likely be directly related to these price drops. People don't like to feel suckered twice.

TA members here have been very polite about it, but I bet behind the scenes it has annoyed more people than you'll know. Not trying to be mean, just saying how it is.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 01-22-2017 at 08:58 AM.
01-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
The problem that remains though, is that you've burnt all your early supporting buyers, twice now. As well as making them think you don't really care about them. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually see a lot of people getting refunds.

The next time you release an awesome premium game and can't understand why no one is buying it... will more than likely be directly related to these price drops. People don't like to feel suckered twice.

TA members here have been very polite about it, but I bet behind the scenes it has annoyed more people than you'll know. Not trying to be mean, just saying how it is.
Hate to say it but agree with this. The game is absolutely fantastic and I was fine with the first price drop but this second one stings a bit. It's now less than half of what people originally paid for it in less than a week.

Last edited by anthony78; 01-22-2017 at 09:27 AM.
01-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Damn, another price drop (now down to 1.99)?
I just bought it YESTERDAY for 3.99 - I wanted to grab it before it went up to 4.99. Oh well
01-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Hate to say it but agree with this. The game is absolutely fantastic and I was fine with the first price drop but this second one stings a bit. It's now less than half of what people originally paid for it in less than a week.
Exactly that. I am thinking to ask for a refund and will probably do. I feel so frustrated tried to support the devs for such an amazing game and now this. Oh man such a pitty.