Toucharcade posted about it, so it's official now!
Besides working on Ashworld, I also started work on a Meganoid reboot.
It's early, REALLY EARLY, in the development process, so I'm still working out the details but here's what's currently up and running:
The few things I can say for certain right now:
- it will be a platformer
- it will be difficult/challenging at times
- it comes with unlimited procedurally generated levels on each gameplay (with a human touch to the level layouts)
- it will come with X amount of worlds and an end-goal to reach in each game session
- it will have some rogue-like concepts (items/inventory for things like double-jump boots, bombs, etc)
- it will be released in 2017 (aiming first-half of 2017)
For technical details/developer-bla-bla you can always read the blog I posted about it, but for those who just want to play it, it's coming!
I'm the game creator behind Orangepixel.net - tweet tweet @orangepascal