★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Normal Lost Phone is a game about exploring the intimacy of an unknown person whose phone was found by the player.

The game takes the shape of a narrative investigation: you have to search the phones text messages, pictures and applications, in order to learn about its former owner. Through this phone, you uncover Sams life, friends, family and relationships, until the evening when they turn 18 and mysteriously disappear.

Features
- An immersive and intuitive way of introducing the narrative through a fake smartphone interface.
- A game that bridges the gap between reality and fiction by letting players act as themselves. The game asks a simple question: if you close the app but still think about the game, have you truly stopped playing?
- A relatable story that helps build empathy with the characters, allowing to explore difficult topics.

Boardumb's comments:

01-26-2017, 12:46 AM
I played the original online flash version, and enjoyed it very much. However, if my memory is correct, it was a fairly short experience of about half an hour/45 mins. Not sure if it's been expanded upon here.

Note that this game does deal with the topic of homosexuality, which is one of the focal points of the latter half of the game. If that makes you uncomfortable (although I wouldn't see why), just letting you know.

06-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Was interested in this but not much activity on TA forum. I heard it was a bit short which might be the only complaint.
06-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Location: Somewhere in a town in the middle of the Amazon jungle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Was interested in this but not much activity on TA forum. I heard it was a bit short which might be the only complaint.
It's a two hours reading and basic puzzle solving, totally worth experiencing.

I liked it a lot even though there's no replayability value (at least not for me, because I read everything I found). Music is awesome and the story will make you feel kinda connected with it, like you're actually finding stuff about some stranger.

I totally recommend it.
06-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks! Seems interesting enough to buy for the $1.99!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebgo View Post
It's a two hours reading and basic puzzle solving, totally worth experiencing.

I liked it a lot even though there's no replayability value (at least not for me, because I read everything I found). Music is awesome and the story will make you feel kinda connected with it, like you're actually finding stuff about some stranger.

I totally recommend it.
06-21-2017, 03:13 AM
Definitely went in directions I didn't quite expect but it's very well done and thoughtful.

I play lots of games, especially async ones. You can add me on GC: geoelectric
06-23-2017, 04:16 AM
I really love this game. I started playing it one morning and I couldn't stop till I finished it. It deals with themes so close to my and people that I care that it was a really surprise when, you know, make THAT twist. And the idea of playing with Apps and interface in that way... I recommend it to everybody because it is a really great experience that will let you learn a lot.
06-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Okay, I have to talk about this game. I let my mother play this, she thought it was kind of beautiful and you don't have to shoot anyone, so she liked the idea. I found her in tears two day laters becaus she finished the game and don't expected anything that the game tales. So, I think this is something more than a game and you should play it.
06-23-2017, 04:20 PM
This game looks so GOOD. I got it for cents and I am enjoying it a lot. Congrats to the makers!
06-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Last three posts saying how good this is, all created today and other posts within just a few minutes of each other.

Need to sharpen up on those shill skills guys!