★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Overview

Strange Telephone is a point and click adventure game depicted using pixel art style graphics offering multiple endings.

Jill -- the young protagonist -- wakes up in an unknown, dark and eerie place with only exit locked down by an intimidating door.

Looks like poor Jill is trapped in this place forever.
But wait! This is where her friend Graham who takes shape of a classic telephone comes to the rescue.

Jill can use Graham's dialpad to call up a vast variety of worlds for her to explore.
Your objective is to collect items scattered through the different worlds and use them to solve puzzles and ultimately obtain the key for your escape.

Visit different worlds to collect items and modify the world to your advantage. Start by simply making a phone call.

Each phone number will uniquely define the generated world. Dialing the same number will take you to the same world every time. Feel free to share the numbers among your friends by means of your choice. (You will have to do this outside of the app)

Basic controls
- Tap an object to approach and inspect.
- "Call" button will bring up the calling interface. Dial any combination to generate a world to explore.

Boardumb's comments:

01-26-2017, 05:32 PM
any impressions on this one?

01-26-2017, 05:45 PM
No one? Hm. I'll take the plunge. I'm a sucker for these graphics.
01-26-2017, 06:17 PM
On the fence too. But not sure if it's more in my vein of classic point and click or something else entirely. The trailer doesn't give away too much other than that the mechanics seem to revolve a lot around the eponymous (strange) telephone.

@ItouchBrett: Do you like it so far?
01-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Poor translation unfortunately. I have no idea what's going on. Graphics are cool. But it seems just entering random numbers brings you into worlds. Those items you see I collected. I was maybe 5 minutes in. Apparently that glitch # at the top needs to be at 5

Will keep trying...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ItouchBrett; 01-26-2017 at 08:46 PM.
01-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the gameplay video. Even if it's a little hard to figure out what the actual gameplay is

Doesn't look really look up my alley at least on first glance. Guess I'll hold off for now, thanks for the help.
02-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Getting glitch to five is a game over. So, the idea seems to be to go through all the necessary events to win before raising the glitch to 5. You can continue with your progress intact anyway so it's more of a "score" thing to get to the end without glitching. Basically, you just dial numbers to get to different worlds and get items to interact with stuff in other worlds and move foreword that way. The numbers are universal, so you can eventually learn a minimalist pattern to beat the game.
02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
I have four of the five endings. Specifically, I have the outer four but not the center menu indicator. Does anyone know how to get that one?