★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Scopely
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 126.5 MB
  • Version: 0.132
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: WWE Old SchoolWWE New SchoolLets Settle This!

Your dream rivalries are happening live in WWE: Champions, the free RPG that pits the WWEs greatest Superstars against each other in the ultimate quest for stardom. Create and customize your team of Superstars, and battle them through the generations of the WWEs greatest.

Think youve got the best team? Prove it! Send your team into the PVP ring and test your fighting skills. Win, and your champions will live on as immortals. Lose, and face defeat at your opponents hands. The fast-paced wrestling action is easy to learn and rewards skill and quick thinking.

Come join a community of fellow WWE fans battling for reputation, power and bragging rights in WWE: Champions!

==WWE: CHAMPIONS FEATURES==

COLLECT Iconic Superstars From the 80s and 90s Through Today
Travel the history of the WWE and assemble your dream roster of champions from the 80s, 90s and modern era. The Rock, Undertaker, Macho Man Randy Savage, John Cena, Triple H, Big Show, Andre The Giant and more are ready to enter the ring.

UPGRADE Your Dream Team With RPG Customization
Earn XP from fighting in the ring and upgrade your champions to increase their power and customize epic moves. Combine a wide variety of skills and upgrades to create a completely unique team.

ENTER the PVP Ring to Fight With Friends
Team up with friends and tag team against rivals, or turn heel and fight against them for bragging rights.

DISCOVER New Champions and Monthly Events
Just like the WWE, Champions is evolving year-round. Join the community in weekly bouts that re-create upcoming Smackdown and Raw battles, enter monthly title events, and recruit up-and-coming Superstars.

BATTLE in 1-on-1 or Tag Team Matches
Experience a unique puzzle take on the WWE. Match puzzle pieces to attack, build up energy and even pin your enemies using signature wrestling moves. Think fast and play skillfully to unleash devastation on your enemies in epic battles that you can finish in less than five minutes anytime, anywhere.

CRUSH Opponents With Signature Moves
End games and obliterate rivals with signature moves like John Cenas Attitude Adjustment and The Rocks legendary Rock Bottom. Marvel at powerful upgraded moves that will have your enemies scrambling for safety.

WWE: Champions is the ultimate puzzle RPG. Become a promoter in the brutal world of the WWE, play puzzle games to fight your rivals, and collect new Superstars to build the ultimate team.

Bring your dream rivalries anywhere with WWE: Champions. Download for free and start battling today!

TheSop's comments:
Think this is out worldwide now. Anyone played it?

01-26-2017, 06:40 PM
I played it for about 10-15 minutes or so, now my wrestlers are hurt and need to heal back up which is taking forever. Of course I could wrestle with them still while not at full health but that puts me at a disadvantage. I am finding the game pretty fun.

01-27-2017, 03:21 AM
Battery drain from hell...to bad the game is quite enjoyable
01-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhount View Post
Battery drain from hell...to bad the game is quite enjoyable
Fully agree. Fun game but drains battery even when the phone is plugged in.
01-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Man imagine if they made an actual wrestling game with these graphics it would be awesome! I mean the characters look great.
01-27-2017, 10:37 AM
I hate to admit it but I'm enjoying it despite the f2p shenanigans and gatcha system.

I agree brother. The animations are actually really good. Wish the board was slightly bigger as well but otherwise surprisingly enjoying the game.
01-27-2017, 12:22 PM
For me this is easily the best WWE game on the App Store. The match-3 is cleverly implemented and the matches have a nice buildup to the eventual finish. Much like puzzle quest after enough progress you will have to consider each move you make and using your abilities (maneuvers) at the right time is important to try and chain combos together or to nullify your opponents opportunities.

+ great graphics with the match taking place above the game board.
+ more gameplay depth than other WWE offerings on the App Store
+ good amount of wrestlers for initial release
+ pin system is more exciting than any WWE game in recent memory.

-+ At the beginning there's plenty of waiting around waiting for your wrestlers to heal after you run out of health packs but as your personal roster of characters gets bigger this issue should be at least somewhat alleviated. Still an issue though.

- crazy battery drain
- very slow wrestler recovery
- five health pack max is very stingy compared to some other f2p match-3's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Man imagine if they made an actual wrestling game with these graphics it would be awesome! I mean the characters look great.
The very under appreciated WWE ALL STARS on the last gen of consoles had a very similar look. Kung Fu Factory did a fantastic job on the characters.

Last edited by JasonLL; 01-27-2017 at 03:48 PM.
01-27-2017, 02:16 PM
The graphics are insane I love it and it's epic to the very last minute when you play this game correct!!!
01-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Stupidly designed game

This game is extremely stupid. I played for about 10 minuets and have 3 levels I can choose from in story mode. Each level requires a specific character to play and I have none of them.......

The only way you can buy briefcases to get more characters is buy paying real money for 'cash' in the game. You also earn gold coins, but cannot buy loot crates with them.

This game was an easy decision for me...uninstall!!!
01-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _hnng_ View Post
This game is extremely stupid. I played for about 10 minuets and have 3 levels I can choose from in story mode. Each level requires a specific character to play and I have none of them.......

The only way you can buy briefcases to get more characters is buy paying real money for 'cash' in the game. You also earn gold coins, but cannot buy loot crates with them.

This game was an easy decision for me...uninstall!!!
I remember receiving Roman Reigns early on from one of the preset rewards. Reigns is needed to progress along the path since he is a powerhouse character. You may have missed a node where you received him. Iv'e completed all four chapters in the NXT tour and the only required characters along the main path so far are characters that the game gives everyone (Rock, Cena, Reigns, NXT Ambrose, NXT Rollins, Authority Triple H) without needing to get lucky to pull the appropriate superstar.