★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bridge Builder

12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Bridge Builder

Anyone play that old sim game on PC Bridge Builder?

it was 2Dish and you had to build a bridge strong enough for a train to cross.
The catch was you only had a limited amount of money for the project, and if you didn't build it well enough, it'd collapse. Super fun, made you feel like an architect. I loved it!

It would make a fantastic iPhone game, the closest thing i've seen is tiki towers, but i dont want to have to baby sit monkeys...i just wanna build stuff.

I shoot things in the face, on purpose.
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrawr View Post
Anyone play that old sim game on PC Bridge Builder?

it was 2Dish and you had to build a bridge strong enough for a train to cross.
The catch was you only had a limited amount of money for the project, and if you didn't build it well enough, it'd collapse. Super fun, made you feel like an architect. I loved it!

It would make a fantastic iPhone game, the closest thing i've seen is tiki towers, but i dont want to have to baby sit monkeys...i just wanna build stuff.
tiki towers is actually really fun and has great game play and great replay ability. i would get it its pretty much the same thing you just described except with monkeys...but ya great game

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
definetly not the same gameplay... it's just the towers look similar with the big fat nodes and cross beam-iness... I guess i have to at least check it out.

But either way, i want a TRUE bridge builder sim!

12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Still waiting for World of Goo. That would be great. Tiki Towers is a great game IMO, and only $.99, so i mean why not? I doubt you'll get what you want anytime soon, maybe someday, but not time soon.
12-28-2008, 09:48 PM
ok, i went for it and Tiki Towers is pretty rad.... I'd be satisfied if only they'd add a "Free Build" mode... I just want to build stuff for the hell of it!!!

Well worth .99c though

12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrawr View Post
ok, i went for it and Tiki Towers is pretty rad.... I'd be satisfied if only they'd add a "Free Build" mode... I just want to build stuff for the hell of it!!!

Well worth .99c though
Yeah, that would be pretty cool for the developers to add that. Maybe there could be user created levels like in Enigmo. Point A and Point B could be moved around and then add steel bars or whatever you think would be necessary. Then, you could play the level like you normally would.

I think that'd be a great idea

PS, yeah Tiki Towers is definitely worth the $1. It's lots of fun and nothing like I've played on the iPhone.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Tiki Towers was probably my best $0.99 purchase so far. Well polished, very interesting and addictive gameplay, and the devs threw in some unlockables for good measure.

For 99 cents you really can't expect more content.
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Chronic Logic owns the bridgebuilder and Pontifex series

http://www.bridgebuilder-game.com/

I believe it would be best if a few of us contacted them

http://www.chroniclogic.com/contact.htm

and informed them of the interest for a port, or original bridge building style game for the iphone/ipod touch