★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The follow-up to the highly praised prequel Piczle Lines DX offers hours of addictive, mind-bending logic-puzzle fun! Create pictures (PICture puzZLE) by connecting the right dots. With an ever-expanding puzzle mode, as well as a gripping story mode Piczle Lines DX will keep you entertained for hours and hours!

Piczle Lines DX is absolutely free, with 60 puzzles for your enjoyment, an extra 20 if you can find the secret to unlocking them and a variety of paid-for and free puzzles bundles available in the in-game store for those who want more!

James Kay's comments:
At long last we're finally able to release the follow up to our 2010 puzzle game Piczle Lines, which Eurogamer called "pure puzzle perfection" and The Guardian newspaper said was "extremely hard to put down"!

01-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Puzzles are as addictive as ever and the presentation is just as slick.

I'm afraid I'm getting an error when I access the store page though. "Unable to read purchase information, some items may be out of date." All puzzle packs except the free one appear with a price of "NA" and can't be purchased.

UK App Store, iOS 10.2.1, iPhone 6S+.

01-31-2017, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Puzzles are as addictive as ever and the presentation is just as slick.

I'm afraid I'm getting an error when I access the store page though. "Unable to read purchase information, some items may be out of date." All puzzle packs except the free one appear with a price of "NA" and can't be purchased.

UK App Store, iOS 10.2.1, iPhone 6S+.
Whoops, we'll look into that straight away! You have plenty of free puzzles to keep you occupied until we sort it out though. Thanks for the headsup!

James Kay, Score Studios LLC
Twitter, Email, Score Studios website for more games and news!
02-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
We've pushed an update through which just went live. It may take a little while to show up on iTunes but keep an eye open for an update to the app which fixes the issue. Sorry about that. Again, thanks for the headsup!

02-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Surprisingly fun and features offline play. This game is a keeper

The start up / splash screen to load up the game takes a bit longer for my liking, since sometimes I play games more that can get to the game faster.

Maybe even a continue last puzzle button would be a HUGE feature for the title screen so you don't have to navigate back through many pages. I've seen other games implement this really well. In fact, there's a huge blank spot on the title screen you could use for a "continue" button.

I do think it would be nice if each complete connection would make a small sound (like a light click) to show you're doing it right. It just feels like there's a missing sound effect. And then if you could toggle it on or off that would probably appeal to people who don't like extra sounds. Keep up the great work dev!

I'm going to go ahead and recommend this game to people who love casual phone games to pass the time.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 02-01-2017 at 01:00 AM.
02-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Maybe even a continue last puzzle button would be a HUGE feature for the title screen so you don't have to navigate back through many pages. I've seen other games implement this really well. In fact, there's a huge blank spot on the title screen you could use for a "continue" button.
That is a really great idea! I'll keep that in mind for future updates!

Quote:
I do think it would be nice if each complete connection would make a small sound (like a light click) to show you're doing it right. It just feels like there's a missing sound effect. And then if you could toggle it on or off that would probably appeal to people who don't like extra sounds. Keep up the great work dev!
There ARE sound effects when you complete a line (and delete one) but I admit they might be a little too subtle. I'll have a look into this for a future update too.

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead and recommend this game to people who love casual phone games to pass the time.
Thanks so much!!

02-01-2017, 05:15 AM
This is really eating up my battery for some reason. I'm on an iPad Air 2 running 8.1.4.

I did not time it, but I did the chapter 1 puzzles (and the tutorial for the award and sticker) and this had taken 37% off my battery! I'm well-versed with this type of puzzle so I don't think I could have taken longer than 30-40 minutes total (tops).

Also, are all 10 stickers currently obtainable with the store troubles? Or is 1 hidden in an area we cannot purchase yet? I'm at 9/10 stickers.
02-01-2017, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
This is really eating up my battery for some reason. I'm on an iPad Air 2 running 8.1.4.

I did not time it, but I did the chapter 1 puzzles (and the tutorial for the award and sticker) and this had taken 37% off my battery! I'm well-versed with this type of puzzle so I don't think I could have taken longer than 30-40 minutes total (tops).

Also, are all 10 stickers currently obtainable with the store troubles? Or is 1 hidden in an area we cannot purchase yet? I'm at 9/10 stickers.
Yeah I noticed my device gets really hot while playing. I guess it wasn't just me. Hopefully that can be addressed. I got 10/10 stickers. You just have to keep looking everywhere. The store is fixed right now I believe.

Btw dev, any iCloud saving to keep the progress?

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
02-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Performance, including battery usage, is something we'll need to tinker on for a few updates yet. We found the story mode does seem to eat up power quicker (due to the graphical load of the scenes)

Quote:
Btw dev, any iCloud saving to keep the progress?
Not yet, no, sorry!

02-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
We made very sure you didn't need to make ANY purchases to find the 10 stickers! The base game has them all but some are a real pain to find! Keep looking!