★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Papery Planes lets you experience the joy of flying your own precious paper plane through night & day, different seasons and environments.
Touch the screen left or right to guide your paper plane through a charming and atmospheric world - but don't let yourself be tricked - there is no room for mistakes.

How far can you glide before you crumble to pieces ?

- Unlock 5 lovely folded paper planes
- Earn updates for each of your paper planes
- Beautiful minimalist and handcrafted low poly design
- Procedurally generated world to challenge your skills on each round

AkosMakovics's comments:

We are proud to have our latest game Papery Planes released on the Appstore today on February 1st.
We would love to hear your thoughts on it and how we can improve or add upon the experience.

It is our third game that we release to your store after our debut title Casual Cube and the followup Bouncy Cubes

Our biggest inspiration was Alto's Adventure in terms of feeling and mood - so while our game is supposed to be relaxing with offering the experience and joy of flying your own precious paper plane - don't let yourself be tricked - there is not really much room for mistakes.

True indie developer title. We are just two people: Me (from Hungary) and artist (from Germany).

Some gameplay impressions in the all so popular gif format

02-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Looks very pretty! Downloading now...

02-01-2017, 07:18 AM
looks good but way too frustrating for me. Having to restart after a minute or so every time got old in 10 minutes. Can't relax and enjoy it, no matter how good it looks.
02-01-2017, 01:40 PM
The game is amazing love the music and graphics! Also love the different planes! Amazing job!
02-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Just had such a wonderful flashback to my youth. When the local pizza shop first opened in 1982, Zaxxon by Sega was the very first arcade game they got. Man, so many quarters well wasted, and the best pizza anywhere.

Good luck with the game, it looks great. I will definitely give it a try.
02-01-2017, 04:54 PM
When you tap for another game, you shouldn't have to then tap again to start that game. Also, it would be nice if you were able to tap anywhere on the screen and not just towards the top. Aside from that, your perspective is limited when you get to certain obstacles. I couldn't figure out where I was suppose to be. It should be more clear where you have to move to get around the rock or whatever. And finally, I must be really use to opt-in ads, because the forced ad was a bit surprising. Although the ad did come right after I had already decided to delete the game, so good timing?
02-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
Just had such a wonderful flashback to my youth. When the local pizza shop first opened in 1982, Zaxxon by Sega was the very first arcade game they got. Man, so many quarters well wasted, and the best pizza anywhere.

Good luck with the game, it looks great. I will definitely give it a try.
Haha got some total Zaxxon vibes from this one as well! Sank a lot of time into that one.
02-02-2017, 07:52 AM
The sound effects are straight out of Xevious, though.
02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Hey guys,
I'm the guy that was responsible for all the artwork in the game. We are really happy that overall the atmosphere gets positive feedback. And while I never had the chance to play a round of Zaxxon I definitely have a nice reference picture of it in one of my countless folders

We would love to hear what kind of scores you guys can get and whatever other feedback you might have.
We actually thought about including a zen mode, with less obstacles and no scores, but were ultimately putting that on hold, depending on how well the game was received.
We are really proud of the word that was spread for our game, unfortunately it didn't convert in any kind of feature yet, for us.

Still we had a long journey behind us and it feels nice to get noticed for it
If you are interested in some wip pictures you can hop at my twitter handle @fabi_smith and check it out.

Once again, thank you for your very open feedback so far and keep it coming !
And a special thanks for the coverage by toucharcade. It already feels like a small lifetime achievement for a tiny team like us.

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
02-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
...your perspective is limited when you get to certain obstacles. I couldn't figure out where I was suppose to be. It should be more clear where you have to move to get around the rock...
So much this. Most of my losses are because the path splits, i take one exit and then suddenly crash because that path is close to impossible to get out from, while the path i didn't take has the wider exit.

I also agree with your other points, namely faster restart and forced ads, but what made me decide to delete it was this : split paths where one is the correct-but you can't know it. If this gets any kind of update in these directions, will be eager to re-download.