★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Safari Kart - 3D Kart Racing!

02-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Safari Kart - 3D Kart Racing!

Safari Kart is an brand new 3D racing game coming for mobile devices!
The game features classic kart racing goodness for all ages.

-Choose from eight colorful characters
-Compete in 12 unique tracks
-Drift around corners and use power-ups!
-Three difficulty levels from novice to kart experts
-Premium game with no in-game ads or extra purchases!

Safari Kart will be released in Summer 2017 for iPhone and iPad. Android etc. will follow later.

My motivation was from the beginning to create that classic feeling Kart experience for a mobile device. I wanted something where the cars feel physical, while still being fun to drive. Also I wanted the characters to be something people could pick their favourites from. So far in closed test sessions people have really enjoyed it. Hopefully in Summer you will too!

(You can also visit our website http://www.safarikartgame.com)

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by teemup; 02-01-2017 at 07:37 AM.
02-01-2017, 12:54 PM
I like the looks of this and want to grab it now! Oh well, gotta wait... I like the way the characters look pissed at each other as they go by! Summer's a way off though....😬
02-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I like the looks of this and want to grab it now! Oh well, gotta wait... I like the way the characters look pissed at each other as they go by! Summer's a way off though....😬
Thanks There is still a quite time for Summer. But for me it is a relief as there is still a lot to do If you want to get playing before that, follow this thread (or on FB/Twitter via website above). We will have a closed beta this or next month. More on that later.
02-02-2017, 06:20 AM
It does look good, hope the controls are good

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
02-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Looking Good
02-07-2017, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
It does look good, hope the controls are good
I believe so We have done quite extensive testing with different people. Most are able to pick up the game immediately. You turn by pressing the bottom corners of the screens. Right goes right, left goes left. Virtual-analog sticks etc didn't feel as good. Kart games (as I experienced them) were more digital in control schemes than analog. Throttle is always on. You have the option to break, but this often not required. It is more useful to drift around the more difficult corners.