★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: InspirLabs Inc
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 193.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1.70
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Help support us by sharing Tappy Cat with friends! We'll add more songs and cats with more downloads!

"4.5/5 - One of the best rhythm games I played" - TouchArcade

Cats are cute, but can they play music too?
Play the thumb and paw friendly tree guitar bytapping inside music bubbles before they fly away. Earn fish as you build up perfect streaks. Lure stray cats to appear by mastering their favorite songs and give them lots of fish. Can you find them all?

How to play?
Pop and/or hold inside each bubble before it leaves. Don't tap outside the bubble or its game over!

Games features:

Unlock many varieties of adorable playable cats
Simple but challenging bi-directional game mechanic inspired from cats (read: temporary cross-eye may occur)
Sweet chill songs custom arranged from beloved classical composers

Contact support@inspirlabs.com for issues, bugs, suggestions!

Boardumb's comments:

02-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Tappy Cat - Musical Kitty Arcade Launch

Hi everyone!

We are really excited to release our first game into the world after grinding away at it for months.
Tappy Cat is a cutesy but challenging 2-finger (or paw) music game featuring collectible playable kitties.
We wanted to make a music game that is approachable, with an acoustic/back to nature vibe, and rewards good play with something tangible. Hope you like our cats and music as much as we do!

For iPhone/iPod (iPad planned) https://itunes.apple.com/app/id993494269

App Description
Cats are cute, but can they play music too?
Play the thumb and paw friendly tree guitar by tapping inside music bubbles before they fly away. Earn fish as you build up perfect streaks. Lure stray cats to appear by mastering their favorite songs and give them lots of fish. Can you find them all?

Games features:
Unlock many varieties of adorable playable cats
Simple but challenging bi-directional game mechanic inspired from cats (read: temporary cross-eye may occur)
Sweet chill songs custom arranged from beloved classical composers

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Play_songs_2.png
Views:	7
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	111201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lots_songs.png
Views:	7
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	111203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Collect_cats.png
Views:	3
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	111205  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chase_scores.png
Views:	4
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	111206  

Last edited by owen_labs; 02-02-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Video link didn't work

02-02-2017, 10:21 AM
It's another of those tappy music games, and seems particularly challenging. A difference with this one is that there are two separate streams of note bubbles and I'm having to move both eyes in opposite directions to follow them. Make too many mistakes and it's game over. Struggling a bit with level 3 but I'm determined to master the tree guitar.
02-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the comment!! You're pretty spot on, we call it "deceptively challenging", but the tree guitar does get easier with practice
02-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Hello,

I registered to this site as your own site doesn't provide an email to contact you.
I wanted to thank you for this lovely game. It is the first rhythm game where I actually feel like influencing the music. I love the 2 handed mechanics, and the attention to details. I am very fond of it, and hope it gets some much deserved attention.

I encountered a little bug, on the "retry" screen, if I tap rapidly on it, it sometimes get stuck and I need to restart the game.
I think also it should be stated that trying to get a cat to join is a gamble limited in tries (4, I think?), and also in time (the investment resets after you leave the screen).
Finally, while not butchering a song is a reward on its own, since you took the trouble to implement hiscores, why not have friends or global leaderboards ?

Finally (really, this time!), not relate to my experience: on my country's store front, a relatively large number of people are reporting issues with the game not starting up on their iPhone 6 (I assume on iOS 10). I have had no issues on an iPod touch running iOS 9.

But really, this is a tremendous game. Thanks for it!

Edit: We just ran into a repeatable crash when selecting the 29th song Jingle Bell on an iPhone 5 running iOS 9. Restarting the device didn't help. Can't go further :O

Edit 2: version 1.05 fixed it, thank you!

Edit 3: Found a new issue in v1.05 with Pomp and Circumstances (track #2) being cut at about 1/3 of what was its length previously.

Last edited by Danjuro; 02-06-2017 at 09:12 AM.
02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjuro View Post
Edit 3: Found a new issue in v1.05 with Pomp and Circumstances (track #2) being cut at about 1/3 of what was its length previously.
I'm thinking the cuts are deliberate to assist beginners at the start of the game. Track 3, has been cut also and this certainly helped me to complete it.

Last edited by Stronsay; 02-06-2017 at 02:52 PM.
02-06-2017, 02:53 PM
This was surprisingly difficult but captivating. I'm still determined to try and get through at least half of the available stages.

Does anyone here know if buying the unlimited lives ($1.99) also removes the video ads or are they separate purchases?
02-06-2017, 04:52 PM
I purchased the 2 bucks IAP immediately after running out of lives, and didn't even know there were video ads, so I guess it takes care of them.
02-06-2017, 07:09 PM
I bought unlimited lives and still got ads.
02-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
I'm thinking the cuts are deliberate to assist beginners at the start of the game. Track 3, has been cut also and this certainly helped me to complete it.
It took me a while to get 3 stars on that one, and I just tried it: inded you are right, both have had 2/3 of their contents cut. Really a shame