Best MiFi contollers for iPad Air 2, Pro 12.9"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GQ Man, Feb 2, 2017.

1. GQ Man

GQ Man Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Out of interest what MiFi controller in the community is regarded as best for an iPhone and my iPad Air 2 and an iPad Pro 12.9 which at some stage ill end up getting ?

2. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I've got a 12.9" iPad Pro, and have been using the Mad Catz Micro C.T.R.L.I. And I love it. The Micro is the smaller version of the controller. I've been using it for about a half of a year, and have never had a single problem.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    For attachable controllers the best of the bunch is Gamevice.com

4. iamsumo

iamsumo New Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Graphic Designer
    Chicagoland
    I love the SteelSeries Nimbus. It has a great build, nice weight and I like that it has a recharge battery built in.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Are there any mfi attachable controllers that are compatible with cases such as lifeproof?

6. WaywardSoul

WaywardSoul Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I've owned literally every single MFi controller ever and played them extensively. None even come close to the Hori Ultimate. It's just barely a matter of opinion over fact, but it's fact.

7. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Steel Series Nimbus Its the one I use for my IPad Air 2 and it's worked perfectly ever since I bought it

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Also a Steel Series Nimbus owner and its been flawless in every way. My hands never feel cramped, its very comfortable to hold with a solid feel and the button placement is perfect. Also the battery life between charges is suprb.

9. Czanse

Czanse New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    I second this question (I have a 6 plus in a Lifeproof case). I'd love a controller that holds the phone.

10. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    On my ipqd pro 9,7" I use a SONY PS3 controller.
    Feasible only if your device is jailbroken.

11. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I have the madcatz ctrli and the nimbus. I didn't like the dpad of the madcatz. Went to the Apple store and tried both the nimbus and hori. Nimbus was most comfortable in hand and has a better dpad than the hori. IMO the nimbus is what felt best in my hand. Hori is a close 2nd. I'd recommend trying them out at an apple store to see what works best for you.

Also bought a clip for the nimbus so I can clip my phone to the controller.

12. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    #12 Admiral Bison, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017

Get the Gamevice controller.

You will have to choose the specific one for your model iOS device though, it it's very close to Xbox One quality, clips on to your iPhone/iPad and is lightening connected so no lag.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5040/cgVMcG.jpg

*ps. The game in the picture does not have MFI controller support, I am using these pictures to illustrate to developers how some of their games would look more presentable and play more console like with MFI controller support.

Also download the 'Gamevice' app and it list games with MFI controller support and updates when new games come in with controller support/added.