★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Astonishing Game is a turn-based tactical board-game that will challenge new to veteran gamers.

Dream Theater and Turbo Tape Games have worked close together to create this signature board-game, a reenactment of Dream Theater's epic rock opera The Astonishing. It enables players to unfold and untangle the original story from the perspectives of both The Ravenskill Rebel Militia and The Great Northern Empire of the Americas. The full story is not grasped before completing the game from both sides of the conflict, during which players battle for influence and control over the will of the people.

Participate in competitions for great prizes, including signed albums, tickets and post-concert passes, available to players during the Dream Theater tours. The game has a one-time purchase cost with no in-app purchases, making players eligible for any and all free upgrades.

KEY FEATURES:
- Unique, signature board-based gameplay as developed by Turbo Tape Games
- Single player campaign
- Player vs. player matches on the same device
- An interactive narrative, unfolding the story of The Astonishing as seen from both factions
- A new level to The Astonishing narrative, bringing the struggle to various locations across The Great Northern Empire
- A non-violent game metaphor, where playing pieces in battle over game sectors, forcing opponents to give up power and influence, rather than fighting to the death
- Utilizing the unique video artwork shown exclusively during live shows on Dream Theaters The Astonishing world tour
- Featuring instrumental musical sections from The Astonishing, Dream Theaters groundbreaking, conceptual double album
- The game comes with the option to freely enter exclusive competitions for grand prizes during Dream Theaters tours

Boardumb's comments:

02-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Ugh. ☹️
It says SD iPhone only at the top of this thread.
Is that a mistake? I want to play it on my iPad Pro 12.9" and not with x1 graphics.

02-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbieoz View Post
Ugh. ☹️
Is that a mistake? I want to play it on my iPad Pro 12.9" and not with x1 graphics.
It's universal. Just the occasional forum bug rearing it's head.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
02-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Impressions about the actual game would be very much appreciated
02-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Oh okay, thanks 👍

Downloading now. 😊
02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Looks like an updated campaign version of UHR Warlords?
02-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Neat-O!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-02-2017, 07:08 PM
iPhone SE users: Proceed at your own caution. There's a heap of text in the game and it's the tiniest I've ever seen in a game on SE. Literally had to skip entire chunks of the tutorial because I couldn't even make out letters. Couldn't figure out some minor things, but once I started the story mode and found out there was text littered all over the place too...I just deleted the game. Shame. It's rather compelling even from the tutorial.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
02-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Occasional? That's funny.
02-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbieoz View Post
Ugh. ☹️
I'm too! It 's a important question!?
If you have bought the game, and play it, can you say what's with 1x graphics?