★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Descent Device: faster-than-light travel at speeds no human should go; an alien mystery. But it only goes one way, falling from star to star towards the centre of the galaxy. Voyageur is a literary RPG where you take the helm of a trader-vagabond vessel, looking for adventure, wealth, and answers in an infinite galaxy full of procedural cultures and civilizations.

Assemble a crew of misfits to travel with you on your one-way trip to sail on seas of liquid methane, descend into the clouds of heavy-atmosphere worlds, and unveil the secrets of the alien life that created the Device.

Voyageur's world is full of diverse cultures and societies, inspired by contemporary science fiction authors such as Iain Banks, NK Jemisin, Ann Leckie, and Cixin Liu.

A product of Failbetter Games' Fundbetter initiative, it should appeal to lovers of interactive fiction and literary gaming, including Fallen London, 80 Days, and Sorcery!.

Boardumb's comments:


02-07-2017, 02:55 PM
#2
Couldn't help myself and grabbed it.

The concept is fascinating.

02-07-2017, 03:10 PM
#3
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
Couldn't help myself and grabbed it.

The concept is fascinating.
waiting for your imps, mate.
02-07-2017, 03:29 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 34
Is this a game like out there only with text? If so, i will smash the buy button.
02-07-2017, 04:36 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 11
Love space games and novels, but I read Sorcery! was short and didn't want to have that problem here, especially spending $4.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
02-07-2017, 04:57 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 206
Hah! I didn't know anyone knew the word "ecumenopolis." The planet descriptions are great. The whole game's very atmospheric.
02-07-2017, 05:03 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by oheight View Post
Love space games and novels, but I read Sorcery! was short and didn't want to have that problem here, especially spending $4.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Where oh where did you hear that Sorcery! was short?? It's a 4 part game, and part 3 is a massive open world that most players I've heard from never even finished because it was too big! Also, it's a highly replayable game in terms of making new character builds and taking different branching paths when going through the game multiple times. Not saying you didn't hear someone say it was short, just saying that would be the first time I've ever heard that from anyone and it's definitely not accurate!

Anyway, regarding this game, it seems geared to be played through many times over due to its procedural nature. I don't think length will be an issue, but I haven't actually dove into it myself yet, so take that for what it's worth.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-07-2017, 05:21 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
Couldn't help myself and grabbed it.

The concept is fascinating.
Another one here waiting for your imps
02-07-2017, 05:25 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Where oh where did you hear that Sorcery! was short?? It's a 4 part game, and part 3 is a massive open world that most players I've heard from never even finished because it was too big! Also, it's a highly replayable game in terms of making new character builds and taking different branching paths when going through the game multiple times. Not saying you didn't hear someone say it was short, just saying that would be the first time I've ever heard that from anyone and it's definitely not accurate!



Anyway, regarding this game, it seems geared to be played through many times over due to its procedural nature. I don't think length will be an issue, but I haven't actually dove into it myself yet, so take that for what it's worth.


I can, right now, only afford one or the other. Sorcery! Or Voyageur. iTunes review said it was short.
02-07-2017, 05:44 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,546
Is it like a written/book version of elite as it looks like it has trading, exploring and visiting planets