★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dale Kepler: Big Dipper Shipper is a charming arcade shoot em up with original dazzling visuals and an enjoyable, lively story. Play as Dale Kepler, owner of Big Dipper Shipper, in a quest of revenge against the infamous space bully Rusty Hubble. Work with newfound allies to unlock a path across the galaxy as you embark on your quest to defeat your arch nemesis, and get back your most prized possession.

Customize Your Ship Bargain with the crew at Nates Intergalactic Planetary Supply Co to purchase and upgrade a wide array shotguns, special weapons, and truck modifications.

Cute and Delightful Visuals Beautifully designed hand painted artwork by award-winning illustrator Micah Player. Fantastic explosions and special effects, and procedurally generated in-game backgrounds.

Action-Packed Gameplay Shoot, explode, and dodge your way through challenging foes that threaten your business. Use cunning strategy and a vast arsenal of collected weapons to defeat huge mini-bosses encountered along your journey.
02-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Sky diving in

02-21-2017, 09:30 PM
This game looks mighty impressive.
Downloaded and review and impressions tomorrow.
I've played about twenty minutes of it and right now very impressed.
Has everything I love in a shoot em up which is great gameplay, developer spending a lot of time with controls and graphics, the story is even really good, UPGRADES, currency collecting, MORE UPGRADES, the menus don't seem like normal menus because it's like part of the story and after each "level" you end up with the shop owner and either saving or upgrading.
For $1 this is a no brainer!
So far 5 stars and heavily approve for the time spent on it.

Last edited by Jayg2015; 02-21-2017 at 11:06 PM.
02-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7lilwhitewolf7 View Post
Sky diving in
Hey wolf - Dale Kepler game developer here Once you grab it, let me know what you think! I'd really like to hear feedback on what we can improve in updates, what content we should add, etc. We really want to see what players like and dislike, and change the game for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
This game looks mighty impressive.
Downloaded and review and impressions tomorrow.
I've played about twenty minutes of it and right now very impressed.
Has everything I love in a shoot em up which is great gameplay, developer spending a lot of time with controls and graphics, the story is even really good, UPGRADES, currency collecting, MORE UPGRADES, the menus don't seem like normal menus because it's like part of the story and after each "level" you end up with the shop owner and either saving or upgrading.
For $1 this is a no brainer!
So far 5 stars and heavily approve for the time spent on it.
I'm so glad to hear this, Jay! I hope you enjoy the rest of the game

For anyone else that comes across this thread, check out the trailer we have for the game (it's also on our website). We spent quite a while trying to make it enjoyable, I'd like to see if anyone likes it:

Last edited by JamesTheMage; 02-21-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Adding youtube video.
02-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Hmm..
I took a punt at this, but lately I've been let down by a few games in the genre, namely Shoot'Em ups with no relative touch!
That's a bummer..
02-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Against my "only 2 upfront paid games per week", i simply had to give this cute shmup a chance...

Well, as soon as relative touch controls are added, i'll give it another chance. It's unplayable FOR ME as is, sorry. The ship stays in front of my thumb, and while this works in a shmup like Galaga Wars (portrait), it simply is a pain for my short thumb when a game is played in landscape mode. Pity, cos the "Mooff" look is so adorable.

Good luck!

PS: the option "position truck under thumb" is even worse, for me.

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
02-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Sounds great, just 2 questions, different every run and any kinda endless high score mode/type?
02-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Devs, so far I'm lovin' it, but we most certainly need relative touch added in an update asap.
02-22-2017, 06:00 PM
JamestheMage, any plans for relative-touch update soon? It'll be a keeper then for sure.
02-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Update: I'm finding this game nearly unplayable without relative touch (just like another reviewer mentioned). I just don't understand how a shooter could be made any other way with touch screens; how can I see all the things my thumb covers?! It's heartbreaking because I can tell this game would stay on my device a very long time, but not as is.