★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Estella Touch
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Come to Dead Man's Island to play a classic game of Liar's Dice. Traditionally known as a pirate's game, it is fitting that you are trapped on this island with your wits alone...

Liar's dice is a game of bidding and bluffing. Each player has a set of dice hidden under a cup. On your turn you must bid a number and a face, guessing the total number of dice on the table showing that face. The next player must make a stronger bid, increasing either the number of dice or the number of pips. Play continues until someone calls LIAR, at which point all dice are revealed. If the last bid was correct (there were at least said number of dice with the chosen face), then the person calling LIAR loses a die. Otherwise, the last bidder loses a die.

You can play with or without wilds. With wilds on, ones (dice with one pip) count for any face when counting the total number on the table. They also count for double when bidding (3 ones is stronger than 5 sixes).

Liar's Dice 3D supports 2 to 8 players, each with 1 to 5 dice. Mix and match human players and AI. For now only pass-around multiplayer is supported, but is great fun with a group of friends!

Interface tips:
1) tap on your cup to zoom in (smooth camera movements!)
2) swipe up on your cup to peek underneath (natural touch interactions!)
3) tap on the banner to see bid history
4) sound settings can be changed in the Pause menu

10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Tonight's episode is sponsored by the letter... Arrr.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
BA-ZING! not...

and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and iv yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
ha ha ha, good one

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I might look into this since it has pass and play. This game needs to be really clear whos turn it is though or it would spoil it.

I am guessing you can put your names in and it makes you tap on the screen when it is your turn.
10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes - you can put names in. Game does what it says on the tin and looks good doing it. Wish it saved game on exit and loaded faster, but little doubt this is best liars dice for iPhone now. Don't know how well the AI is (have not played enough).
10-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Needs BT or Wifi ............. pass n play is only good if you have only one device and even then kind of irritating.
10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
fantastic job. well done guys!
10-22-2009, 12:27 AM
To play this you really need like 4 or 5 iphones and use bluetooth. Only way to really play this puppy. Revisit this Liar's Dice / Puerdo in a year or so when I got four of them.

That only one I had where you played liar's dice online isn't quite the same. Best to play in person to read person's bluff.
05-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I changed my mind. Dead Man's Dice works pretty well and is the best Liar Dice / Bluff / Perudo / Dudo app on the appstore. I've been playing it on my iPad lately with the family and works quite well passing it around.

Only thing I wish for is it'll keep track of total dice remaining amongst all players.