★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sonic the Hedgehog Q...

12-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog Q...

sorry if this has been thrashed out before, but i'm fairly new here

Sonic the Hedgehog. It's been billed for the iphone this last year and peeps always talk about it, but what are the odds, or latest news does anyone know?
I'd just love this for my Touch. My fav ever game
12-29-2008, 06:12 AM
You have any sources about it being "billed"?

Personally, I don't know what to expect. On one hand, it came out for the iPod click wheels and SEGA has released another game besides SMB, not to mention a MS/MD port

On the other hand, the click wheel version was poorly received due to its controls, and SEGA may be hesitant to release Sonic for a platform with no buttons. Not to mention SEGA has been relatively inactive as an app store dev, and they may be focusing on other projects (such as Sega Vision)

So will it come out? I'd say it will eventually, and hopefully it will bring along other MS/MD ports to the iPhone
12-29-2008, 06:18 AM
thanks.

my sources are just googled rumours. but only Sega knows the program.
i think it would work fantastic - it's already touch compatible with the JB emulators, and the game 'nicky boom' (one of my favs at the mo) has 4 large arrows on the corner of the screen for movement which work really good. something along these lines i think would work.
12-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Well one good thing about the original Sonic, is you only needed the D-pad and one button, so if they go with touch, a variety of things could be done (such as using the whole screen as the one button)
12-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Had it on my old Palm, with Shinobi and some other ones... i think they could pull it off

Plus+ ID: Wegmans