★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Star Paint - Released with 0.99

10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Star Paint - Released with 0.99

Star Paint is a new multitouch puzzle game, offering unlimited replay value, a wide range of achievements, online high scores, and much more.

WHAT THEY SAY:

"This is already one of my favorites."

"It's a kind of game you won't stop!"

"Sounds easier than it actually is. Lots of fun!"

"I love the game, and will be playing it for some time."

"Great implementation of a classic logic game."

A DIFFERENT GAME EVERY TIME YOU PLAY:

Each level in Star Paint is dynamically created, offering a new puzzle each time you play. Stars will appear on the screen, with lines connecting each one. Move the stars until none of the lines are crossing to clear the level. Sound easy? Watch your time, because if you take too long, it's game over. To help, use multiple fingers to grab and move different stars at the same time. Make it through normal and medium modes and you'll unlock Hard mode - turning off the timer, and opening up some really devious puzzles.

GAME FEATURES:

- OpenFeint supported for high scores and over 20 different achievements
- True multitouch interface designed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch
- Dynamic puzzle creation for limitless gameplay
- Multiple difficulty levels offer a wide range of challenges
- Unlock the constellation mini game to draw constellations with the stars

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334813338&mt=8&s=143519
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	9509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2009.10.05 15.47.50.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	9510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2009.10.05 15.47.14.jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	9511  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2009.10.01 00.11.20.png
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	9512  

Last edited by PatchFactory; 10-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
We are giving out promo code for some reviews. send me a PM if you need one.

10-22-2009, 12:57 AM
This is already one of my favorites. Three reasons being: 1. Its almost like one of my all-time favs The Plateau, 2. A great puzzle that everyone should have a good time with and relax to, and 3. It has Open Feint to make up some or earn challenges as you play through the game.

I have played through a few levels and on to medium and so far everything is spot on, the controls are great and the music is really relaxing. The touch controls works very well and this is something people can play hours long or a quick pick up game. There is something to unlock as I have not gotten through much of the game yet in the description there's a constellation mini-game. That should add more replayability in the game as well as having OF.

So far so good Very fun game and very polished. A game like The Plateau is definitely a good one for me.

EDIT: Oh, and the multi-touch is awesome. Makes it even easier to play.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 10-22-2009 at 01:03 AM.
10-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Suggestions for improvement (?)

Here are some suggestions to make the game better

1. On normal, maybe have a level selection menu. After we unlocked a level to go to the next, we can go back and replay something like level 4 instead of starting from the beginning.

2. Make the screen a little better. It's not too appealing to me. Maybe have the lines connect with the dot in the menu- it would make the in game menu look even more awesome. The words Star Paint- change it to another color, or make it darker, doesn't look too appealing with the light blue (red, maybe?).

3. Constellations tabs could be improved. Again, doesn't look too appealing..

But all in all. The gameplay doesn't need any tweaking just the menu

Oh, instead of "online" in the game menu, add in Open Feint icon or something. That would appeal to me definitely.

EDIT: I just finished normal 40 levels and unlocked hard but didn't get OF unlocked score

Nevermind, just had it unlocked. There should be a resume button on normal when I leave the game and coming back (leaving the game) to the home device screen and coming back..

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 10-22-2009 at 02:11 AM.
10-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks a lot for the review and suggestions, I'm planning to add some more elements in the game in updates, such as auto solve, timer, etc.
10-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchFactory View Post
Thanks a lot for the review and suggestions, I'm planning to add some more elements in the game in updates, such as auto solve, timer, etc.
Nice.

I think the menu change would be really nice. Others I don't care as much but would be cool it updated. Already have 70 points for OF.

10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
Nice.

I think the menu change would be really nice. Others I don't care as much but would be cool it updated. Already have 70 points for OF.
Hmm, looks like you almost gonna catch my scores

But seems others are not really interested? no one else is replying
10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
great work...I like this style
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post
great work...I like this style
thanks for the promo code,and you know what, I do love this game

it's very easy to learn,it's very hard to put the iphone away while you play this game

I really feel a liittle bit jealous about your game, why I cannot think about such a great idea like that?

anyway, good job. for those who love puzzle games,this is the one you mush have!
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I see some of you mentioned that it is similar to The Plateau, which I loved. Might have to check it out!