★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TouchArcade Forums' Game of the Month - February 2017

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite game of February 2017!
Glitchskier 2 15.38%
Dungeon Tails 2 15.38%
Slayaway Camp 8 61.54%
MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
02-27-2017, 07:30 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,460
TouchArcade Forums' Game of the Month - February 2017



Glitchskier



Dungeon Tails



Slayaway Camp



MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL

02-27-2017, 07:46 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,460
Well Ladies and Gentlebots, it's almost 1am here in the UK and I'm pretty tired so all I'm gonna say for now is...vote. Please vote.

If you could write a few words telling us which game you voted for and why, that'd be super cool. There's a chance that your words could end up in a front page article on TouchArcade, so come on guys, immortality awaits!

Last edited by Andy C83; 02-27-2017 at 08:12 PM.

02-27-2017, 11:13 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 3,214
This was absolutely the hardest game of the month vote for me but for me it came down to which game did I spend more time playing, talk about the most, and have the best experience. Well three of the games I played ... a lot and the other I haven't had a chance to try.

I had a tough decision but Slayaway Camp is my choice. I talked about it to more people than any of the other games. It combines two of my favorite hobbies horror movies and mobile gaming.
I never thought I would see an 80s horror mobile game not only with perfect controls but with so much content and fun gameplay.
This is the complete package and possibly a game of the year title.
It was a hit success and even before it hit I was saying this same thing on the forums because I had the chance to beta test this game for months and watched it blossom.

With this being said it was still a hard decision because two other games I had a great experience with as well.

Glitchskier was a game I originally downloaded and deleted after a ten minutes.
After reading reviews I went back to it and gave it more time and really glad I did.
Because I did this it made a bigger impact. I couldn't believe this game was so indepth and reminded me somewhat of downwell as I did the same for it as well.

Mul.mash is still fresh in my head since t just came out this week and it's developer has hit after hit and this was no different .
The gameplay and unlockable paddles are what stand out to me.
I'm still unlocking more and progressing so I'm actually thinking about playing right now.

But all in all Slayaway Camp is my pick and I'm sticking to it.
Thank you for your hard work again putting these polls and threads together . I understand the hard work and we all appreciate your effort.
It's given the forums more personality and flavor for me and look forward to each thread you put together.
If I could help you with whatever I would.
You did this right with narrowing each week down and picking from them .
02-28-2017, 03:13 AM
#4
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,903
I voted for Slayaway Camp, great puzzle game with top atmosphere.

The two best arcade games this month were Digby Forever and Wobblers.

Special mention for Hidden Folks, still playing that game and it should be on the list as well.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 02-28-2017 at 03:17 AM.
02-28-2017, 05:24 AM
#5
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
I voted for Slayaway Camp, great puzzle game with top atmosphere.

The two best arcade games this month were Digby Forever and Wobblers.

Special mention for Hidden Folks, still playing that game and it should be on the list as well.
While Hidden Folks is a very good game this is for previous game of the week winners only, so no, it shouldn't be on the list.
02-28-2017, 05:40 AM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
While Hidden Folks is a very good game this is for previous game of the week winners only, so no, it shouldn't be on the list.
Oh sorry Andy didn't know you did only the week winners, but that is very good and good luck with all.
02-28-2017, 05:53 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Oh sorry Andy didn't know you did only the week winners, but that is very good and good luck with all.
What I could do is at the end of the poll do a round up of all the best games of February, which Hidden Folks would definitely be a part of. Thanks Roger the Dodger!
02-28-2017, 07:08 AM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
What I could do is at the end of the poll do a round up of all the best games of February, which Hidden Folks would definitely be a part of. Thanks Roger the Dodger!
So by the end of the year we have 12 games of the months and those games we can vote for for game of the Year right, that's cool and easy, we don't have to nominate no more, life's becoming to easy ha ha. Great job Andy to keep things alive here, this is still the best website for mobile gaming, hope they get enough patreons.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 02-28-2017 at 07:17 AM.
02-28-2017, 08:39 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
So by the end of the year we have 12 games of the months and those games we can vote for for game of the Year right, that's cool and easy, we don't have to nominate no more, life's becoming to easy ha ha. Great job Andy to keep things alive here, this is still the best website for mobile gaming, hope they get enough patreons.
This could get controversial! There's bound to be a month where there are three games better than all the rest, and two won't even make to the end of the year... If it's OK, I prefer the free-for-all of the GOTY nominations - it's a great way to uncover things I might otherwise have missed.

That said, you're doing a great job, Andy!

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada
Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
02-28-2017, 09:26 AM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
This could get controversial! There's bound to be a month where there are three games better than all the rest, and two won't even make to the end of the year... If it's OK, I prefer the free-for-all of the GOTY nominations - it's a great way to uncover things I might otherwise have missed.

That said, you're doing a great job, Andy!
You are right, well let Andy sort it out or we need to vote on what we want to vote and nominate, tough decisions.