Any chance of getting a Nintendo switch section of the forums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Montanx, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    A lot of us are mobile gamers and the switch is probably appealing to most of us. It would be cool to have a switch section of TA forums.

2. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I would've figured not, but then again, Android does have its own section, so I'm guessing perhaps so. Unlike Xbox One and Playstation 4, Switch can be mobile (even though it's not "mobile" in by "techie terms", as a sort of mobile vs. handhelds vernacular).

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I think that becomes relevant if the Switch picks up enough steam. Hard to say yet where things will go for it.
    If you think it's important enough already (and people will post enough about it), best ask a TA staffer on Discord.
    I'll point them to this thread too, just in case.

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'd argue that the Switch is a valid member of Touch Arcade, as it has a touch-sensitive screen...

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    So does a 3DS. So does a Vita.

The point of TouchArcade is to cover gaming on mobile devices. There are already plenty of websites that cover gaming on consoles -- handheld or otherwise. Mobile games are often ignored -- if not vilified -- by mainstream gaming media. That's why we need a forum that has a clear focus. I would see it as a loss if TouchArcade became just another gaming site, particularly considering how limited the coverage is (for legitimate reasons) and how many great mobile games slip through the cracks.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

6. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Its ok guys we can just do a thread dedicated to it, cuz one problem i have with the 3ds is having friends to play online, because noone i know really games on the devices i do lol
    And tmoz launch there will be friend codes so if anyone intrested it be great to add u to the switch friend list to play

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree. I think it's a little early to do that. The Switch will have to earn that spot. We'll see if it does or not. #