★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Spelkraft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 119.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Pan-Pan is an open plain adventure that expands on the concept of environmental narrative storytelling with puzzle solving and exploration elements at its core.

Set against a backdrop of soothing ambient sounds crafted by renowned sound composer Simon Viklund, your task is to fix your downed spaceship and begin the pilgrimage home.
03-02-2017, 07:35 AM
this game was made by one person. it is very stylish, unique and has an open world. i'm in.

03-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
this game was made by one person. it is very stylish, unique and has an open world. i'm in.
One person wow, this looks beautiful, been playing 20 minutes now, one thing I found disturbing is that you tap a few times on the space ship before it collapses, that's weird I think, you break something and then you have to fix it again, it would be better for me if the spaceship was being hit by an asteroid or something ha ha, but I keep playing and see what this holds.
03-02-2017, 10:26 AM
This is rather great. I'm not finding myself completely enamored with it like I am with After the End, but they're two very different games. AtE is more "traditional", while Pan-Pan just literally dumps you in the game world and makes you figure everything out for yourself. While Steam and various reviews have noted the game is about 2 hours in length (it's just a WHOPPING 100 MB installed ), it is NOT easy AT ALL. I've been running around the game world for the last 2 hours and have just started to figure out the first real puzzle.

I really dig that it's portrait on iPhone and judging by the screenshots in this thread (I'm not pulling mine out, sorry), it looks like it may be the same for iPad.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
03-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Lot's of great games and so little time...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
03-02-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't for me. Unless I'm a complete idiot, I can't tell what the logic behind some puzzles is.

EDIT: Nope. Just need to be more observant. Maybe this IS for me after all.

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-02-2017 at 11:36 AM.
03-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't for me. Unless I'm a complete idiot, I can't tell what the logic behind some puzzles is.

EDIT: Nope. Just need to be more observant. Maybe this IS for me after all.
Can you die in this one? If not, I think I might like this more than After the End. Just don't want to throw another $4 down the drain in the same morning.
03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Can you die in this one? If not, I think I might like this more than After the End. Just don't want to throw another $4 down the drain in the same morning.
Just mentioned something in the AtE thread. While you can't die, you do have to rely on messing with the camera quite a bit.

03-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Just mentioned something in the AtE thread. While you can't die, you do have to rely on messing with the camera quite a bit.
Just saw. Thanks! Lack of death makes a difference. May do some research before I grab it, though.
03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Aww...I hate that you aren't enjoying After the End! It's a really special game in my opinion, but I can see how certain things might annoy you. Hopefully Nexon can address some of those in an update.

[/offtopic]

This game looks pretty interesting as well! Will have to add it to my wish list (and watchlist) for now, I've already spent waaaay more money than I need to for this week. Damn quality premium games! I love them, but they will eventually bankrupt me I'm sure! 😜

I don't even want to know how much I have spent on just iOS apps and games over the years. It has to be close to $5000 USD and that's probably an underestimate. Ok I'm gonna stop now before I cry. 😭