★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flatdog: A physics-based, twin-stick arcade shooter | have promo codes for reviewers!

03-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Flatdog: A physics-based, twin-stick arcade shooter | have promo codes for reviewers!

Hello! I am solo developer and have just completed my first game. It will be released on the App Store on Wednesday (3/08/2017).

Meet Flatdog🐶💅📱✨

If you are interested in a promo code, please don't hesitate to reach out and we can hook you up with a copy! Would really appreciate any reviews or coverage. Currently, Flatdog is only available for iOS (having framerate issues with Unity's Android builds).

App Preview

Youtube link | Pop Up

Narrative Intro

Youtube link | Pop Up

PLEASE NOTE: FLATDOG WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 3/08/2017

Synopsis

More information at http://flat.dog

You don't understand anything about cell phones or computers, which is why you were easily duped into downloading PHoNe-CLEEN® from MAL-soft.

After you used PHoNe-CLEEN®'s theft.cam to take a picture of your beloved canine companion he was sucked into your cell phone by a violent flash of hyper electrostacicity.

Can you help your flattened dog escape the phone?

Features

- Fast-paced & bouncy physics-based gameplay

- Procedurally generated levels. Every playthrough is different

- 9 enemy types to battle

- 6 game-changing powerups

- Collect coins to upgrade your dogware, giving Flatdog the ability to see through the code or perform an ElectroDash

- Collect coins to unlock game-changing powerups that shield, heal, slow time and give Flatdog the power of flight

- Fight through infinite levels - how high can you go?

- Sparkly particles and pretty lights!

Notes from the Developer

This is something I have wanted to accomplish for years (ever since I began writing code)!

I tried to keep in mind some goals while I was making Flatdog:

- I wanted to really try and monetize (for the first time) a piece of software I created
- I wanted to make something that made people smile and got some goofy laughs
- I wanted the App to feel polished

By the time Flatdog launches I will have been working on the project for 11 months. It has been a challenge to remain both focused and balanced. It was basically like working a second job. It was a real struggle to see it through and try to create something that felt relatively polished with a one-man team. I did have help on the motion graphics and video content from an amazing creative team called Blackbox Visual.

I feel extremely lucky for the access to resources, hardware, and software that enable me to indulge my creativity. I am especially grateful for my wife and my supportive friends who encouraged and helped me.

I am very excited to share Flatdog with the world soon and I hope that people find some value in it.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat_Dog_App_Icon_512.png
Views:	540
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	112130  
03-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Always love a good twin stick shooter so will definitely check this out.

Any happy to hear it will be premium....what's the price point?

Looking forward.

03-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Hi,

My name is Chandler a.k.a realnanners and I stream on Mobcrush (mobcrush.com/realnanners) and I would love to stream you game on my channel!

-Chandler

Owner of therealtechie | Partnered streamer on Mobcrush | Apple and Mobile gaming enthusiast
03-06-2017, 11:30 AM
sure would love a code!
03-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I pm u about a code
03-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realnanners View Post
Hi,

My name is Chandler a.k.a realnanners and I stream on Mobcrush (mobcrush.com/realnanners) and I would love to stream you game on my channel!

-Chandler
Hey Nanners, welcome to the forums.
03-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I think I'll let the codes go to the people who can give the game better exposure than I can but I am totally intrigued by the idea of the "bouncy" twin stick game play. I will be picking this up on Wednesday. The game looks great and congratulations on making your dream come true.
03-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Thanks for taking a look! Hope you like the mechanics, really tried to hit the sweet spot between "totally different" and "comfortably familiar".
03-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgold View Post
Always love a good twin stick shooter so will definitely check this out.

Any happy to hear it will be premium....what's the price point?

Looking forward.
Hey jpgold! Thanks for taking a look!

I plan to release for $0.99 USD
03-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdog View Post
Hey jpgold! Thanks for taking a look!

I plan to release for $0.99 USD
Fantastic. Can't wait to give it a try.