★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: - Fast-paced, physics-based action
- Sparkles
- Procedurally generated levels
- Pro-tuned twin-stick shooting mechanics (Easy to learn - difficult to master)
- Unlock game-changing powerups
- Unlock and upgrade super powers

Synopsis:

You don't understand anything about cell phones or computers, which is why you were easily duped into downloading PHoNe-CLEEN® from MAL-soft.

After you used PHoNe-CLEEN®'s theft.cam to take a picture of your beloved canine companion he was sucked into your cell phone by a violent flash of hyper electrostacicity.

Can you help your flattened dog escape the phone?

Features:

- Fast-paced & bouncy physics-based gameplay

- Procedurally generated levels. Every playthrough is different

- 9 enemy types to battle

- 6 game-changing powerups

- Collect coins to upgrade your dogware, giving Flatdog the ability to see through the code or perform an ElectroDash

- Collect coins to unlock game-changing powerups that shield, heal, slow time and give Flatdog the power of flight

- Fight through infinite levels - how high can you go?

- Sparkly particles and pretty lights!

flatdog's comments:
Hello! I am solo developer and have just completed my first game. It is out on the AppStore Today!!!

Meet Flatdog������✨

Would really appreciate any reviews or coverage! Currently, Flatdog is only available for iOS (having framerate issues with Unity's Android builds).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Synopsis

More information at http://flat.dog

You don't understand anything about cell phones or computers, which is why you were easily duped into downloading PHoNe-CLEEN® from MAL-soft.

After you used PHoNe-CLEEN®'s theft.cam to take a picture of your beloved canine companion he was sucked into your cell phone by a violent flash of hyper electrostacicity.

Can you help your flattened dog escape the phone?

Features

- Fast-paced & bouncy physics-based gameplay

- Procedurally generated levels. Every playthrough is different

- 9 enemy types to battle

- 6 game-changing powerups

- Collect coins to upgrade your dogware, giving Flatdog the ability to see through the code or perform an ElectroDash

- Collect coins to unlock game-changing powerups that shield, heal, slow time and give Flatdog the power of flight

- Fight through infinite levels - how high can you go?

- Sparkly particles and pretty lights!

Notes from the Developer

This is something I have wanted to accomplish for years (ever since I began writing code)!

I tried to keep in mind some goals while I was making Flatdog:

- I wanted to really try and monetize (for the first time) a piece of software I created
- I wanted to make something that made people smile and got some goofy laughs
- I wanted the App to feel polished

By the time Flatdog launches I will have been working on the project for 11 months. It has been a challenge to remain both focused and balanced. It was basically like working a second job. It was a real struggle to see it through and try to create something that felt relatively polished with a one-man team. I did have help on the motion graphics and video content from an amazing creative team called Blackbox Visual.

I feel extremely lucky for the access to resources, hardware, and software that enable me to indulge my creativity. I am especially grateful for my wife and my supportive friends who encouraged and helped me.

I am very excited to share Flatdog with the world and I hope that people find some value in it.

Thank you!
03-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Wow! First game? Looks really fun!

03-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Picked up the game this morning as promised. Will post some impressions when I've had a chance to dive in.
03-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Wow! First game? Looks really fun!
Yep! My first one - but I have been developing for a while. This is the first time I really had an opportunity to make a game start-to-finish, although I had done a fair amount of Unity development before (for non-game stuff). Hope you check it out and that you get some fun out of it!

If you have any questions or feedback, you can message dev@flat.dog

Thanks!
03-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdog View Post
Yep! My first one - but I have been developing for a while. This is the first time I really had an opportunity to make a game start-to-finish, although I had done a fair amount of Unity development before (for non-game stuff). Hope you check it out and that you get some fun out of it!

If you have any questions or feedback, you can message dev@flat.dog

Thanks!
Awesome! Well I must admit, it looks like an awesome game! I'll have to try it out later! 😜 great work
03-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Awesome! Well I must admit, it looks like an awesome game! I'll have to try it out later! 😜 great work
Thank you so much for the kind words! Hope you have some fun with it!
03-08-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm concerned I won't know what to do with the actual dog if I help it get out of my phone. My building doesn't allow dogs. I'd hate to have to take it to the shelter. Does the game have an option to re-absorb the dog? Or do I need to use PHoNe-CLEEN again for that?
03-08-2017, 04:32 PM
What do the "feels" do? One of the shop items.
03-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Is the wormhole guaranteed to be reachable from any point in the board or is it possible to cut yourself off from the block holding it? Basically I want to know if you are able to get in to a no win situation where you can't get to the wormhole.
03-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I watched the gameplay vid and had NO IDEA what was going on lol. Bought the game on basic principle to support the developer. I'll come back with impressions.