★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A unique blend of racing game and endless runner with incredible graphics and intuitive one-hand controls!

Put the pedal to the metal, son the cops aint messing around!
Youre a runaway driver, rushing through traffic. Your goal is simple: Outrun the police and gather as much heat as possible in the process! The more wanted you become, the more cash you earn!
So, let the adrenaline flow through your veins, speed up, and outrun the guys trailing you! They may chase you, but will they catch you?

A UNIQUE BLEND OF RACING GAME AND ENDLESS RUNNER
Engage in high-speed chases through multiple environments - outrun the cops pursuing you in unique, randomly generated landscapes from downtown streets, to industrial harbors, to vast canyons! Theres no time to admire the view, though youve got a police hunt to escape from! Intuitive tap-based controls ensure you can react and adapt to anything that happens or you can swipe your way through, whatever works best for you.

CHOOSE YOUR PERFECT SET OF WHEELS
10 different cars available to master, each with its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Upgrade them for performance, customize their looks for SWAG!

ENGAGING AND ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
Navigate through dense traffic, refuel on the go, and dodge police blockades! Catch the elusive money truck for a real cash-in! Complete over 200 missions to become the ultimate getaway driver! Unlock rewards to help you in your quest for speed!

USE POWERFUL GAME-CHANGING BOOSTS
Use nitro to outrun the police tail or use a wrench to fix your getaway car on the go! But youll need to keep your fuel level in check, so remember to keep an eye out for a gas truck!

EXTENDED SOCIAL FEATURES
Online leaderboards with Facebook integration to compete against your friends and global ranking to crown the best getaway driver!

REPLAY KIT SUPPORT
Record your best play through - challenge the police force for an ultimate showdown and earn bragging rights with the Chase TV footage!

Now, put your driving skills to the test and show those cops what youve got! Bring total carnage to the streets!

Boardumb's comments:

03-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Well I took a chance and downloaded this, because I wasn't sure if an internet connection would be required. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not require one to start/play the game. And so far, I am thoroughly enjoying this racing/endless runner game.

Fun little game with gorgeous visuals with great detail (ie: the slipstream effect behind a vehicle, the blurry vision during a nitro/boost) along with great controls (tap or swipe). The lottery (spin wheel) has been very fair so far. Also its a nice extra that you change the color of the car, along with a matte, gloss, metal, etc. finish.

I am probably missing something, but I did find it a bit hard to earn big money, upgrades and new cars are very expensive. But I do know that I will definitely be spending a lot more time playing this one and trying to earn some cash. Looks like there is plenty to unlock and lots of challenges to complete.

Since I don't have wi-fi, this is my progress so far.

03-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
Well I took a chance and downloaded this, because I wasn't sure if an internet connection would be required. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not require one to start/play the game. And so far, I am thoroughly enjoying this racing/endless runner game.

Fun little game with gorgeous visuals with great detail (ie: the slipstream effect behind a vehicle, the blurry vision during a nitro/boost) along with great controls (tap or swipe). The lottery (spin wheel) has been very fair so far. Also its a nice extra that you change the color of the car, along with a matte, gloss, metal, etc. finish.

I am probably missing something, but I did find it a bit hard to earn big money, upgrades and new cars are very expensive. But I do know that I will definitely be spending a lot more time playing this one and trying to earn some cash. Looks like there is plenty to unlock and lots of challenges to complete.

Since I don't have wi-fi, this is my progress so far.
Hi there, Rafał from Vivid Games here

Happy to hear you like Highway Getaway I think if you feel like playing more, there will be another reason too, as we have a big tournament planned in which you can win in-game stuff and... remote controlled cars!... because why not

BTW - what device are you playing on?

Photo below and video here -- https://www.facebook.com/highwaygeta...2695353544671/

03-09-2017, 06:57 PM
This game went by another name originally. Prime time rush by the devs that made the excellent Daytona rush. I'm liking this game already. Feels very similar but a higher difficulty. Good job invictus
03-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Unlocked the canyon. The falling rock animations are not attractive. Very out of place looking. Can I ask what is with the targets appearing on vehicles from time to time?
03-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Yeah, this is game is a co-production: Vivid Games and Invictus

Quote:
Can I ask what is with the targets appearing on vehicles from time to time?
Sure, the target is on money trucks. Hit the money truck and it will crash leaving a lot of cash on the street.
03-12-2017, 04:57 PM
I really want to like this game. Just idk. Seems to lack the polish of Daytona rush. Make a few runs and then I explicitly the game will have a terrible drop in frame rate and force me to close app and restart to return it to it original frame rate. Collision detection seems a little off. Overall graphic quality and smoothness just isn't where Daytona rush is. Even the menu system seems laggy when I choose options. Really hope this can be cleaned up. I know this game got pushed back and delayed hell it doesn't even have invictus name on it. It really does seem to show a troubled production and creation Process.
Too bad
03-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Please update this game. Clean up the graphics and fix this random frame drop. Core gameplay is sweet.
03-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Sound just went out in the middle of a run. This game has some issues. Could be really good. Looks like you guys gave up on it and just pushed it out.
03-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Like others, I want to like this. It's fun to play but the cash payout is cheap AF. As a result, there's little chance of progression IMO. Coin doubler would help \_(ツ)_/. Dev's loss