★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Description:
The magic, it calls to you.

Get ready for an epic roguelike dungeon crawler where you get to make your own spells!

The only weapons you get are the ones you design yourself. Name every spell you get, and your name will decide what kind of spell it is. Elements, strength, effects, all of it hinges on the names you give your spells.

Level up your spells as you explore, and use the magicite you find scattered around to create new spells. You can even fuse spells together to further customize your arsenal.

An ordinary high school girl wanders her way into a world of magic, monsters, and mysterious witches! Whether or not you can survive in this harsh but alluring world depends entirely on your creativity!


*Game Overview
A Magical High School Girl is an isometric grid-based turn-based roguelike RPG. However, unlike normal roguelikes, the HP system, experience system, levels, UI, and almost everything else has been reimagined to fit the theme of the game.

And most of all this is the first roguelike to offer an enjoyable experience for even casual players. But this game has many layers, and even roguelike veterans will have something to look forward to in the diverse systems this game has to offer.

The same combination of words will always create the same spell, so tell your friends about the spells you discover and use the knowledge you've hoarded to beat others in time attack mode. There's all sorts of ways to play!


*Ending Theme
The ending theme was composed for us by the highly talented MIMI. The ending song, "1 Meter" can be heard in both the trailer and the demo version of the game, along with the main game itself of course.

Boardumb's comments:


Steam trailer:

03-08-2017, 04:53 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fate/Grand Order Singularity
Posts: 5,556
Ohhh Sekai Project! I'm a huge VN fan and they publish a lot.

Though this game... the screen shots don't look that appealing... but after watching the trailer, the crafting could be fun. I might just TOFTT!

I checked steam reviews and they're pretty decent. Apparently spell creation / naming is really really good:

"A Magical High School Girl 101
Find Magicites
Learn Spells
Trade Trash Spells for Magicites
Hoard unidentified magicites

Name spells.

The algorithm for named spells is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

'Absolute Zero' - Ice spell that freezes. So far so good.
'Whirlwind' - Storm spell with high range and push. Alright, this system is pretty solid.
'Sleep' - Ice spell that sleeps. Makes sense.
'Barrier' - Damage shield
'Cure' - Heal

Goes great... Until the algorithm is TOO accurate

'Nagasaki' - Fire type bomb spell... There is no way this is a coincidence.

10/10"


I'm just going to get this game so I can name spells Kamehameha , EXPLOSION!, Excalibur, and all sorts of anime references.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 03-08-2017 at 04:59 PM.

03-08-2017, 04:58 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Ohhh Sekai Project! I'm a huge VN fan and they publish a lot.

Though this game... the screen shots don't look that appealing... but after watching the trailer, the crafting could be fun. I might just TOFTT!
This could be our game of the week
I'm with you at first I thought that too but so many interesting mechanics and it has that something diff than the normal vibe I'm down for sure
03-08-2017, 05:00 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fate/Grand Order Singularity
Posts: 5,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
This could be our game of the week
I'm with you at first I thought that too but so many interesting mechanics and it has that something diff than the normal vibe I'm down for sure
Yeah totally. Supposedly you can name a spell and it autocreates one for you with very good accuracy. Putting sleep in the title would put the enemy to sleep, Kamehameha creates a fireball, etc. If I understood correctly that's incredible.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
03-08-2017, 05:34 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Yeah totally. Supposedly you can name a spell and it autocreates one for you with very good accuracy. Putting sleep in the title would put the enemy to sleep, Kamehameha creates a fireball, etc. If I understood correctly that's incredible.
I read that too
Really interesting mechanic
Is it procedurally generated and random like other rogues
The world itself is unique for a rogue too
03-08-2017, 06:11 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 665
Hmm AppStore description says Japanese on the language. Wonder if you can change language in the game. Sekai Project publish good games. I love their Rabi Rabi. A metrovania game that is fun cute and entertaining.

Not sure if wanna try this now. A little bz with Zelda BOTW atm. That gonna be my Game of the week for at least a couple of weeks
03-08-2017, 06:37 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopicha View Post
Hmm AppStore description says Japanese on the language. Wonder if you can change language in the game. Sekai Project publish good games. I love their Rabi Rabi. A metrovania game that is fun cute and entertaining.

Not sure if wanna try this now. A little bz with Zelda BOTW atm. That gonna be my Game of the week for at least a couple of weeks
I love Zelda a whole lot I really do but I can go for the switch Nintendo gimmicks have run their course for me

All the important stuff is in English including menus and talking it's fine
You can change the language too but it's in English and should have no problem with it
03-08-2017, 06:54 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: on the internet
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I love Zelda a whole lot I really do but I can go for the switch Nintendo gimmicks have run their course for me

All the important stuff is in English including menus and talking it's fine
You can change the language too but it's in English and should have no problem with it
what does the app icon say? does it have 3 "..." in it? getting a itunes card now though

im a rpg loving kind of guy
03-08-2017, 07:07 PM
#9
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
what does the app icon say? does it have 3 "..." in it? getting a itunes card now though
hah, no man. app icon says the beautiful "Majo". :3
03-08-2017, 07:08 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fate/Grand Order Singularity
Posts: 5,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
what does the app icon say? does it have 3 "..." in it? getting a itunes card now though
I thought I was the only one who got annoyed with "..." in app icons! Sometimes I don't even want to buy an app just because of it (I know it sounds ridiculous).

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN