★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Toy Copter 1.2 RELEASED controls fixed

10-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Toy Copter 1.2 RELEASED controls fixed

App store Link

Customize your controls: tap and drag to any location!
Tilt controls
More realistic copter motion
Improved camera
Improved loading screen
Improved copter graphics

New Controls:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game play (from AI's point of view):

Youtube link | Pop Up

App store Link
10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I havent had a chance to try out the update yet. Will be doing so today but wondering if anyone else has that could give some impressions.

10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I just tested the new controls, they're really better!
Little idea: Is it possible to have buttons for up, right and left and for forward and backward the accelerometer?
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I like the new controls! keep it up!

Maybe next update we get a new game mode?
10-27-2009, 11:56 AM
New update

The ability to move around the buttons really makes all the difference here.
I put my left/right/forward button on the left, and my hover up/grappling hook on the right. It just makes more sense to me. This game is neat. Some more environments and maybe some timed missions would add a little more excitement to this game. Has a lot of potential. Making the copter able to be damaged would also up the difficulty level.

⚓ Front Page Tug Boat Naturalist
Plus+/OF/GC: arhb
Beta Tested: Shrapnel, Pocket Creatures, NovaRift, Zlider, Lunarcy, Kingpin, Nanomechs, Ground Effect, Geared, Twilight Golf, Finger Physics, DJ Nights.
10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
some other game modes would be nice, really...for example a race mode, (with ring's you have to fly trough) would be nice.
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
the ability to move around the controls for best playability is really neat. It really helped on my playing skills. The environments could be more various and realistic. When the copter hits something, maybe it could crack or crumple a bit.
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspargusman View Post
the ability to move around the controls for best playability is really neat. It really helped on my playing skills. The environments could be more various and realistic. When the copter hits something, maybe it could crack or crumple a bit.
Thanks! I've already submitted a release for review almost a week ago which introduces new maps and larger rooms. The damage idea sounds interesting, I think I'll put that in the next release.

What would you think to having a battery that you have to charge up, and if you run out, you have to respawn with a long delay or something?
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow. You actually put what in I asked for in my iTunes review. Now THAT is an example that other devs should follow.

Thank you! Much better!
10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
bigger rooms are going to make a huge difference i think. right now i'm bouncing off the walls all over the place.

the new controls are definitely a huge improvement.

sone thing(s) i WOULD ask for, personally, are sliders for sensitivity to the button presses and accelerometers.

for example a slider that would adjust how much lift the copter gets from pressing the button up button. then a separate slider for how much to turn when the left/right buttons are pressed or the device is tilted.

come to think of it, perhaps the up/down could be better implemented with a slider on the screen?

if nothing else though, i would say it needs sensitivity sliders.

make the damage model mentioned above optional please.