★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CAPCOM
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 75.6 MB
  • Version: 1.00.02
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: 1942, the classic high flying shooter is now available on smartphones.

Enjoy awesome air battles anytime, anywhere!

About 1942
Set in the Pacific theater during World War II, this vertically scrolling shoot 'em up tasks players with battling through the entire enemy fleet. Shoot down enemy planes, avoid enemy fire and perform rolls and loops to avoid certain death in this epic nail-biter from the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The game has been optimized for the unique play experience of smartphones and may differ in some ways from prior releases.

Classic Arcade Action - Take control of a vintage warbird and challenge the enemy's army.
Shoot For the Stars - Dodge fierce enemies and set your sights on a 100% kill rate.
Roll With Danger - Failure is not an option. Escape from the jaws of death with a well timed barrel roll.
Touch Screen Controls - Experience the intensity of this 8-bit classic with one finger control
Two Modes - Casual mode" has been adjusted for ease of play and "classic mode" follows the original specifications.

Please Note:
- To use the leaderboard and achievement system, you need a "Google account linked with gamer ID". You can not create "gamer ID" from an iOS device.
- In order to participate in ranking, it may be necessary to change the setting of the Google account. Google Account settings can not be changed from iOS device.

Gwarmaxx's comments:

1942 MOBILE

CAPCOM
Genres: Juegos Arcade Entretenimiento Accin
USD💩0.99 USD

Quote:
1942, the classic high flying shooter is now available on smartphones.

Enjoy awesome air battles anytime, anywhere!

About 1942
Set in the Pacific theater during World War II, this vertically scrolling shoot 'em up tasks players with battling through the entire enemy fleet. Shoot down enemy planes, avoid enemy fire and perform rolls and loops to avoid certain death in this epic nail-biter from the past.

Note: The game has been optimized for the unique play experience of smartphones and may differ in some ways from prior releases.

Classic Arcade Action - Take control of a vintage warbird and challenge the enemy's army.
Shoot For the Stars - Dodge fierce enemies and set your sights on a 100% kill rate.
Roll With Danger - Failure is not an option. Escape from the jaws of death with a well timed barrel roll.
Touch Screen Controls - Experience the intensity of this 8-bit classic with one finger control
Two Modes - Casual mode" has been adjusted for ease of play and "classic mode" follows the original specifications.
Global Leaderboards- See how you compare against players from around the world.
Achievements - Push you self to greater heights and unlock achievements.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 75.6MB

03-09-2017, 11:01 AM
The nostalgia is really, really strong on this one. I will pick it up and just play it a few times maybe, and it will be worth it just for the reminiscing.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The nostalgia is really, really strong on this one. I will pick it up and just play it a few times maybe, and it will be worth it just for the reminiscing.
Just hope it's not as bad and Mega Man remakes they released
03-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Just hope it's not as bad and Mega Man remakes they released
Yeah, about that... I got Mega Man 1 and endured through to the finish, but didnt get any other Mega Man title. LOL

I dont see how they can mess up 1942 that bad, so ive got high hopes for this one.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Just played for a few seconds (I'm at work) but from what I can tell, this is a faithful port. It's all about nostalgia for me, too -- spend a good chunk of my junior year playing this at the local arcade.
03-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Yeah, about that... I got Mega Man 1 and endured through to the finish, but didnt get any other Mega Man title. LOL

I dont see how they can mess up 1942 that bad, so ive got high hopes for this one.
I know right, but according to Squarezero, looks promising, plus a buck so I'm going in lol

Edit: played it controls extremely well, reminiscent of spending tons of quarters. Classic and casual mode. Only draw back I seen is needing to log in to a "Google" account for achievements.

Still minor issue, man finally get to play an old classic of mine.

Last edited by sugimulm; 03-09-2017 at 11:27 AM.
03-09-2017, 11:45 AM
When this was in the arcade every level you need to press certain button combo to get special weapons... So how does that play here? 😂😂😂
03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
God... I love capcom throwbacks
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!! Achievements and leaderboard need a Google+ login. I was born around 1942 and don't have, want or need such a thing. Please, please give it some Game Center love. It's what our forefathers fought for.
03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
"Note: The game has been optimized for the unique play experience of smartphones and may differ in some ways from prior releases."

NOPE! I'm out. We all know how that turned out the last time 'round!

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.