★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DEAD AHEAD: ZOMBIE WARFARE

Resist against the undead in this new tactical survival sequel of Dead Ahead!
Slaughter the undead invasion in one of the most fun survival games of the year! Kill raid after
raid of zombies, collect supplies, look for survivors and most importantly... create your own
legacy!

ZOMBIE INVASION

Defend your bus and dont let the hungry horde eat the living! Breakthrough barricades on
your way and set up the battle camp to your advantage. Gather your team of gladiators and
send them into battle, use any means necessary to ward off the horde of pixel crazed flesh
eaters! Slash, shoot or burn the dead with barrels, Molotov cocktails, and grenades. Be direct
and explosive or stealth kill your opponents.

USE YOUR BRAINS, DONT LOSE THEM

Show that you have the real steel to conquer the maps! Finish off as many zombies as you can to
become the ultimate freedom fighter! Command and conquer by using tactically offensive
and defensive moves to obliterate the zombies and barricades! Remember the rising dead
wont make it easy for you.

IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS AND GEAR TO STAY ALIVE

Collect items, earn experience, rebuild your bus and complete quests to upgrade your units
and vehicles. The more gear you get, the more zombies you will be able to take on! Become
the ultimate slayer of the undead! Banish the banshees to eternal hell! Contest against other
players high scores!

WHAT AWAITS YOU:

* Blood-and-guts action-strategy game with a sense of humor
* Safeguard the bus and your troops at all costs! NO DISCORD ALLOWED!
* A huge world with numerous locations
* Plenty of survivor units and zombies
* Upgrades, special items and optional quests
* Stop the world end
* FUN!"

Destroy everything in your path with never ending fun like in classics such as Kongregate
SAS: Zombie Assault 4 or GLU Contract Killer: Zombie, even Zombie Unkilled: Walk Dead
and of course the GNC app Chicken Revolution2: Zombie.

DigY's comments:
The game has been released today.

Original Dead Ahead is also being updated and 2nd version in works!

03-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Game Center says no leaderboards or achievements. What's the point of implementing GC but not adding leaderboards/achievements?

03-09-2017, 04:44 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Game Center says no leaderboards or achievements. What's the point of implementing GC but not adding leaderboards/achievements?
Cloud save. Leaderboard and achievements coming soon.
03-09-2017, 06:33 PM
could you also add offline mode on the next update? the game is good, but the online thing kinda screw it
03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1377 View Post
could you also add offline mode on the next update? the game is good, but the online thing kinda screw it
This was one of my favorite survival, strategy games hands down. I normally didn't play games that required a constant internet connection, but this game was one of the few exceptions. The game looks beautiful. It has some of the best pixel art I've seen. I played it on my phone and tablet almost everyday; and I eventually finished it without spending a dime (sorry developer). I just made sure to religiously collect the daily rewards, and I watched a ton of ads to get in-game cash. The cloud-saving is impeccable, so playing it across all your devices is never stressful. With the new update, I'm going to fire it up again and play the new content.

Last edited by Reaganomics; 03-09-2017 at 11:50 PM.
03-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
finished it without spending a dime (sorry developer). I just made sure to religiously collect the daily rewards, and I watched a ton of ads to get in-game cash.
Funny quote by watching a ton of ads you have supported the dev, so its win win for the developer and win for you who fused to put your hand in the pocket.

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer on touchgameplay
03-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Funny quote by watching a ton of ads you have supported the dev, so its win win for the developer and win for you who fused to put your hand in the pocket.
Good point!
03-09-2017, 11:26 PM
I killed this game when it was soft launched.
I can't go through it again but it's def worth playing.
I reccomend just trying this out
03-10-2017, 12:38 AM
If anyone cares (like me) there is no way around the energy system (no IAP unlock). You either wait or sit and watch ads.

Unfortunately it's a rule of mine, forced energy= delete
03-10-2017, 12:43 AM
So I've made a pretty good amount of headway into this game, and coupled with the fact that multiple people have already mentioned how doable this one is for free(ad watching aside), I have no problems kicking the dev a fiver for the pack. This game IS gorgeous, and the few times I felt like I hit a wall very often just required the right mix of units/rhythm of sending units at the start of the round. I still haven't spent the excess gold from the pack. Overall a fair game...aside from the whole energy thing.