★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Time Traveller (working title)

03-11-2017, 08:57 AM
The Time Traveller (working title)

Hi,

I've been working on a new title over the last few months. It's a text-adventure game with multiple stories to play through. Each story starts off with a scenario and two choices. Each choice leads to a new scenario, which may continue down a different path or eventually lead to a win/lose scenario and end the story.

The game logic itself is complete and I'm currently writing the content. Open to hear any feedback or suggestions.

I've taken inspiration from other games such as Reins and A Dark Room. I always liked the idea of text adventure games, but wanted to remove the complexity of the decision making process.
03-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Based on the sample story title and the working title of the game I wonder if you're using time travel in the Doctor Who fashion. Meaning each story is about the same characters but can take place anywhere at any time and be about anything. Stories could be Sci-Fi, horror, romance or pretty much anything. Am I close?
03-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Keeping an eye on it.
03-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
Based on the sample story title and the working title of the game I wonder if you're using time travel in the Doctor Who fashion. Meaning each story is about the same characters but can take place anywhere at any time and be about anything. Stories could be Sci-Fi, horror, romance or pretty much anything. Am I close?
You might be about the stories being from any genre, at least The name isn't final so how/if the stories are linked is yet to be determined.

Right now I'm playing with different story concepts. Would love to get some feedback on whether these scripts are engaging or not. I'll be posting more of these as I go so keep an eye out for updates.