★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Claustrophobia - new App Store Game!

12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Claustrophobia - new App Store Game!

Hey guys, my very first game (although my 4th app) was just posted yesterday in the App Store. Take a peek and let me know what you think! I already have ideas for new versions down the road, but if you have anything you want me to add let me know!

Click here to go to it's App Store page!
12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
For coincidence I was reading about your new game and I've even visited your home page looking for more information.

As I use to write, a lite version is always welcome but you could make at least a video to show the gameplay in action.

I have an idea of the game but I didn't fully understand the gameplay.

////Edited: video added by developer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 12-29-2008 at 07:53 PM.

12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
For coincidence I was reading about your new game and I've even visited your home page looking for more information.

As I use to write, a lite version is always welcome but you could make at least a video to show the gameplay in action.

Hmm I'll try to make a gameplay video tonight. Yeah, I'm good at programming but I'm horrible at explaining things. Think of it sort of like SameGame, except instead of touching the colors to remove them you have to throw a randomly colored block at them. I'll work on a video tonight though.
12-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post

I agree - I want to see exactly how the game works before I buy it. A video would be much appreciated.

The game looks pretty interesting.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Doing a video while playing isn't easy, so forgive me for the quality... but hopefully with this you get a sense of how to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz4ueHKq01o

I also put it on the game's website.
12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Is the music in that video in game music or just a sound track for the video?
Looks pretty sweet.
12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
Is the music in that video in game music or just a sound track for the video?
Looks pretty sweet.
Game music (the headphone jack is actually jacked directly into the camera, or else the video would have been made EVEN BETTER by my clearing my throat and yelling at the cat.)
12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLeblond View Post
Game music (the headphone jack is actually jacked directly into the camera, or else the video would have been made EVEN BETTER by my clearing my throat and yelling at the cat.)
I dig the sound track. Did you make that?
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
I dig the sound track. Did you make that?
Sure did! I didn't actually play any instrument or anything though, that whole song is made up of Apple loops that come with Garageband.
12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Picked the game up and I really like it... It's a fun pick up and play game and I can see that there is some pretty good strategy that will come into play as I fool around with it a bit more.

All in all a nice effort. I might have to go and amend my 50 top games of '08 list... granted I'm not saying that it's near the top, but I think it can easily fit there. And the $1 price is always nice.

Thanks for the new look at the genre...