★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A distant planet. A dying colony. A deadly conspiracy.

The mining boom has left New Providence to die, and just one Earthbound ship remains. Survivor Rose stands in defiance of a broken system. Rise up with fast-paced RPG tactics, and battle across vibrant fields of color.

Join the fight in Ticket to Earth, a sci-fi tale of betrayal and insurrection.

~ Indie Prize Finalist, Casual Connect USA 2017
~ Selected for PAX Rising at PAX East 2017
~ Selected for Made With Unity Showcase at Unite Melbourne 2016

"Ticket To Earth is an evolutionary leap forward in the puzzle/RPG hybrid genre." Kotaku

"All in all this is an original, smart, challenging puzzling RPG that manages to blend its head-scratching and character development in a way I've not seen before. And in doing so becomes one of the first truly essential mobile games of the year." 9/10 Pocket Gamer

Its always a magical experience when a game comes together and hooks you in, which is exactly what Ticket to Earth did for me." checkpointgaming.net

FEATURES:

ORIGINAL GENRE MASH-UP
Introducing a new style of gameplay that blends puzzle and tactics games. Ticket to Earth is the quick-play, mission-based RPG youve been waiting for.

SCI-FI EPISODIC NARRATIVE
Join Rose, Wolf, Doc and Seven as they race across New Providence to stop a criminal conspiracy.

FIGHT FOR JUSTICE
Play as Melee and Ranged Peace Keepers, armed with over one hundred Combat Powers. Fight against a cabal of twisted enemies - desperate criminals, murderous machines and terrifying mutants.

JOIN THE MOVEMENT
The Stellar Consciousness Movement will help you reach your true human potential. Deep RPG character progression - develop your talents and build better heroes!

EPISODE GUIDE:

Ticket to Earth is a gripping RPG narrative delivered over 4 big episodes. Episodes will unlock as they are released at no additional cost. Be the first to play new content by downloading Ticket to Earth now.

Episode One - Uprising (Available now)
Episode Two - Crash (Coming soon)
Episode Three - Meltdown (Coming soon)
Episode Four - Revolution (Coming soon)

For more information about the game, visit www.ticket-to-earth.com

Chat with us on Twitter: @Robot_Circus #TicketToEarth

metalcasket's comments:

Thanks to the eagle-eyed Pitta for hooking me up with the link!
03-15-2017, 04:42 AM
This is ONLY Episode 1.

From the web page: "
Episode 2: Crash coming soon, with episodes 3 and 4 to follow."

But will the next episodes cost more to download? how much? and when will they be available?

As excited as i am about a new premium match-3-rpg, i can't help but feel cautious, less so on the possible IAPS-per-episode, and more on that the Episodes 3 and 4 will not come out if they don't receive necessary funding from episode 1...

Last edited by ramzarules; 03-15-2017 at 04:47 AM.

03-15-2017, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
This is ONLY Episode 1.

From the web page: "
Episode 2: Crash coming soon, with episodes 3 and 4 to follow."

But will the next episodes cost more to download? how much? and when will they be available?

As excited as i am about a new premium match-3-rpg, i can't help but feel cautious, less so on the possible IAPS-per-episode, and more on that the Episodes 3 and 4 will not come out if they don't receive necessary funding from episode 1...
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but it's this attitude that will lead to further episodes not being released. Ticket to Earth is today's feature and is likely to blow up in popularity already...supporting these devs at this stage will only bring future episodes to fruition quicker.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
03-15-2017, 05:18 AM
just popped up on Japanese App Store fir 480 yen. I guess $2.99.
03-15-2017, 05:28 AM
It's now available in the German AppStore for 3,99 . Download size is 1.07 GB, so I have to wait until I get home before I can download the game. Would be nice to hear some impressions...
03-15-2017, 05:56 AM
Excellent game. I would definitely advise anyone to buy it.
Gameplay:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by MobileOnTapYT; 03-16-2017 at 11:07 PM.
03-15-2017, 05:57 AM
I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but if anyone wants to see how it plays on iPad:

(Be really diligent when you change your mind and make sure you fully untraced your path before lifting your finger. Unlike a regular match-3, you can move just one spot.)
03-15-2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Seems pretty good so you can bank on more episodes coming out. With the artwork already done you dont have the same costs as you did for the first episode. More episodes are just gravy.

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
03-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but it's this attitude that will lead to further episodes not being released. Ticket to Earth is today's feature and is likely to blow up in popularity already...supporting these devs at this stage will only bring future episodes to fruition quicker.
I think it's very fair of him to ask the things he did, regardless of what game it is. It is definitely important to know that information, such as: how much will the future episodes cost and when will the next one be released (just an approximate time, if successful). It seems strange they don't have at least a little more information on those things. It effects a person's decision on purchasing a product if they have unanswered questions or vague information.

However, I do agree that if it is your type of game, get it. It will support them in making future episodes BUT that doesn't mean you have to blindly invest just because they are an indie developer. Just weigh your options and analyze what is tangible now (instead of future content) and make a decision off that!

Edit: I forgot to say I purchased it and will leave some impressions later! I'm always down for a match-3 style RPG. This one seems like a pretty unique, story-driven take on the genre.

Last edited by MintCity; 03-15-2017 at 09:15 AM.
03-15-2017, 09:31 AM
I was lucky enough to play this since yesterday.
Actually, it's FANTASTIC.

I have no idea if this 'Episode 1' will end with a cliffhanger, won't continue, or if it's short (I've already played 3-4 hours) but so far it's awesome.

It's blend between Banner Saga, SteamWorld Heist, Puzzle Quest and Dungeon Raid.
Yet is super original and feel fresh.
It's also super polished (great graphics), plays wonderfully on both iPhone and iPad with iCloud sync.
Just the skill tree (and you will need those skills) is MASSIVE (you unlock it 2 hours in).

I wouldn't sit on it, even if calling it a match-3 is not really true...you can even just move/match just one color.
The core mechanics is trying to build up your powers as in Dungeon Raid while positioning yourself in advantage positions, possibly away from enemies reach...BUT you must be sure to leave some connected colors for later movements, unless the AI clear those preventing you evading the enemies.

All wrapped in a cool story.

So far is another solid GOTY contender for me (together with Kingdom: New Lands and the upcoming Card Thief with I had the privilege to beta test for over 50 hours).