The Best Escape Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What are the best escape games?
    Not sure what the genre is actually
    The Room series
    Agent A

These are the only one that I can find that are great.
    Can you contribute to the list ?

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    All the Kotorinosu games, these are 'pure' Escape games from one of the pioneers of the genre back in its online flash days. So much cleverness packed into a small space in these games:
    Matryoshka
    Sphinx
    Room Gamma
    Room Delta
    Pixel Room
    Dangerous Gen-Kan 1&2
    (All absolutely FREE! Lots and lots of clever, hardcore physical puzzling in these games)

Puga Puma's single title, with sequels promised. It's very similar to the room, which some might see as a bad thing, but I think it's very well done anyways. I enjoyed it a lot:
    Puzzle House: Mystery Rising
    (Think it's similar price to the Room)

Shares enough elements with the genre to include, and is absolutely fantastic yet unknown, the XON games. Search up XON Episode One for a free trial of amazing graphics and atmosphere. This series is a favourite of mine - imagine Myst with full free 3D movement. The alien atmosphere is really well done too, the puzzles are clever and original, I can personally guarantee that this series of games will not disappoint!
    (Episode 1 is free and short, the other three episodes are paid, long, stunning and puzzling, you honestly must play these games)

How could I forget the Rusty Lake and Cube Escape games? It's a pretty big series now, and the games are moody, mysterious, and very enchanting. I won't list them here since they're easy to find, and I'm proud to say I was a fan right from the start, with the dev's first room escape called Samsara Room (not for iOS and unrelated to the storyline of the series).
    (The Cube Escape games are free - that's a LOT of content for free! The Rusty Lake games are premium)

Dr. Stanley's House trilogy - the first two games were some of my first iOS experiences, so I'll always remember them fondly. Dr Stanley's house 1 is a bit rough around the edges, but Dr. Stanley's House 2 is a masterpiece - a strange and intriguing storyline, lots of great puzzles, tons of locations, and even secrets hidden around the place! Dr. Stanley's House 3 has a very different style and only loosely continues the storyline, but it's a very very good and expansive game as well.
    The first two games in the series were free when I downloaded them, but I believe they are now premium games. It's a very good series.

Well, there we go! All of these games are faaaaaaantastic. These are not only some of my favourites of the genre, but some of my favourite iOS games, period. I would even go as far as to say some of these are my favourite games, period! These games are seriously under-appreciate, but check out a few of the titles above, and you'll be amazed at the quality, creativity, artwork and design that went into these gems.

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Taking notes.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Dark fear is excellent addition to the list

5. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Oh yeah, Dark Fear is also great, just didn't spring to mind because it's a bit more removed from the genre, what with a battle system and RPG elements. But definitely another very good game!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Also check out Hellraid: The Escape. Fantastic visuals, nice realtime mechanics, and all premium.

7. Boice

Boice Member

Apr 24, 2017
    I really love The Room series!
    Well I also played Doors&Rooms series
    cube escape series are creative escape games too I think.

8. AlphaTodd

AlphaTodd Well-Known Member

May 3, 2017
    I'm liking some of the suggestions I'm seeing!