★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apps crash

10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Apps crash

Certain apps that i have downloaded (ie firemint real racing) load the logo and crash back to the iphone menu anyone experience this or have a solution without deleting my settings and apps?
10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Did you try restarting your iphone after you install the apps?

And sometimes with some of these games, you need to restart your device before you start playing in order to free up some memory.

10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
It seems Apple has removed apps like MemoryInfo and Free Memory, but I would have suggested those. For now just restart your iphone.

EDIT: I think this one works
System Activity Monitor

Last edited by Fazzy; 10-22-2009 at 06:24 PM.
10-22-2009, 06:24 PM
haven't experienced any app crashes or OS crashes in the last few months thankfully

but i have experience a bug in The Music App by apple, the audio control sticks, as in you try to slide it and adjust the volume of the music, and the control bounces back... not changing the level of the audio, i have noticed it happening more and more, ever since OS 3.0

normally a restart of the device fixes this, but i find it happens every other day or so
10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
thanks for the quick response its really weird i restored my iphone via itunes and loaded my backup and real racing started working but now homerun battle wont work and yeah i reset the iphone 3gs everytime i dl an application
10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
haven't experienced any app crashes or OS crashes in the last few months thankfully

but i have experience a bug in The Music App by apple, the audio control sticks, as in you try to slide it and adjust the volume of the music, and the control bounces back... not changing the level of the audio, i have noticed it happening more and more, ever since OS 3.0

normally a restart of the device fixes this, but i find it happens every other day or so
Same hing happend to me, but it pisses me off some times

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy


10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsxrule View Post
Same hing happend to me, but it pisses me off some times
i thought it was just my device, as i also have some dead pixels sprawling horrizontally,

I have a first generation ipod touch, i forget the week of production, but it was January of 07 that i purchased it directly from Apple.

it seems like a Software glitch, it would be interesting to find out who else experiences it, so that Apple can become aware of it, and patch it hopefully in 3.12
10-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
i thought it was just my device, as i also have some dead pixels sprawling horrizontally,

I have a first generation ipod touch, i forget the week of production, but it was January of 07 that i purchased it directly from Apple.

it seems like a Software glitch, it would be interesting to find out who else experiences it, so that Apple can become aware of it, and patch it hopefully in 3.12
I have a 2g, and your dead pixels might just be from overuse maybe

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy


10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
guys this topic is getting out of hand concentrate on me lol j/k

also anyone with a 3gs know if they close all programs by clicking the sleep button and holding button if it should go back to the first page of the home screen or if it goes back to the same home page screen that you were on?
10-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to Firestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoto View Post
guys this topic is getting out of hand concentrate on me lol j/k

also anyone with a 3gs know if they close all programs by clicking the sleep button and holding button if it should go back to the first page of the home screen or if it goes back to the same home page screen that you were on?
Hmm. Sounds like you're either jailbroken or have pirated those apps. If it's the latter, then no-one will help you, otherwise good luck! I haven't jbed, so I don't know how to fix it.

And the world, by the way, does not revolve around you.