★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

03-22-2017, 07:58 AM
Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Hi all,

Really happy to announce the new game from Perchang...

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times.

A cataclysm was prophesied to bring about the end of the Old World. Now the forces of Chaos have begun their final assault and the last stand is coming.

Heroes from all races and lands are venturing forth. Sworn enemies standing shoulder to shoulder fighting the daemons of the apocalypse. Proud warriors search for powerful artefacts to aid their lords in the coming war. Sorcerers toil for untold power, while Witch Hunters seek to settle long held scores. Dark Elf Assassins fill ledgers in blood and berserk Dwarf Slayers topple the mightiest of foes.

These are the days of action and adventure.

These are The End Times.

The game is launching later this year in Autumn, and we'll be talking more details before then. If you have any questions right now though, fire away and we'll try our best to answer them!
03-22-2017, 07:59 AM

03-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Welcome back! Great news, you're on the TA frontpage as well.
Oh, and: the screenshots look really good!
03-22-2017, 08:16 AM
Amazing!!! So psyched for this. WHQ remains one of my all-time favorite mobile games so this is a very exciting announcement. Looking forward to any and all news, testing opportunities, feedback options, etc.
03-22-2017, 08:17 AM
You were up late! I can't tell you how happy I am about this, I thought I'd never see another game from you guys. I'm still working my way through Deathwatch at the moment. Please, please, please include the Pit Fighter if you can
03-22-2017, 08:27 AM
SO HYPED FOR THIS!!!!

I have like a million questions already

I'm assuming it will follow the steps of its predecessor, so premium title with expansions DLCs (and maybe new characters).
How big is the party?
I see two characters in the screenshots (feathered helms are super cool...imperial guards?)
Will the dungeon be random (or semi random) with the rooms that are 'built' every time you cross the door, like the old WHQ and the boardgame (original and the new Silver Tower)?
And in particular...will you be able to digress from the main quest with random parts (as the white quests in WHQ)?
For some reason, maybe it's the bases, I get a Hunters vibe as well, which is awesome.
Is it fully 3D, like Deathwatch?
Will loot appear on the characters?
Lightening seems awesome already and I recognize the same awesome effect I loved in WHQ, with light that reflect differently according to the surface (gold, metal, wood, concrete...)....will it be realtime?
I saw bats, rats, spiders and minotaurs....will humanoid enemies have different (visible) equioement, like the Orcs in WHQ (another thing I loved)?

Just technical stuff...I'll save the campaign and setting questions for later :P
03-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Thanks all! It's good to be back!!

So, questions questions. Some things we aren't talking about yet, but here's a round up of the things I can answer...

Party size is now roster based. Can now have multiple Warriors from the same class. Look closely at the screenshots and you'll see there are the two Empire Captains, and also another playable class!!

Dungeons. Some will be totally random like the white quests in WQ1. Others will be part of the story campaign and will have pre-made parts to them.

The game is totally 3D this time. You can rotate and zoom the camera to your heart's content!!

Look carefully at the enemies in the screenshots. Those beastmen have a variety of weapons. Maces, axes, bows, etc. Depending on the weapon the enemy is holding, it will affect their behaviour AND the type of damage they do to your Warriors!
03-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoBenjamin View Post
Thanks all! It's good to be back!!

So, questions questions. Some things we aren't talking about yet, but here's a round up of the things I can answer...

Party size is now roster based. Can now have multiple Warriors from the same class. Look closely at the screenshots and you'll see there are the two Empire Captains, and also another playable class!!

Dungeons. Some will be totally random like the white quests in WQ1. Others will be part of the story campaign and will have pre-made parts to them.

The game is totally 3D this time. You can rotate and zoom the camera to your heart's content!!

Look carefully at the enemies in the screenshots. Those beastmen have a variety of weapons. Maces, axes, bows, etc. Depending on the weapon the enemy is holding, it will affect their behaviour AND the type of damage they do to your Warriors!
This is all too awesome, thanks!!!

About the party...so you are saying I could have a full party of Empire captains, or dwarves warriors or an all elf party?
(Assuming they are in game, just as an example).

That would be rad....always dreamed about playing Warhammer Quest with 2 barbarians.
03-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Heh, then I want a party of all crusade-y fanatic Priests of Sigmar; and a bunch of bloodthirsty Darkelf Witches
Full 3D is excellent.

One request: Please don't do that silly "turn iPad to access inventory" thing again. A normal button will do just fine.

Oh, and: Any plans for betatesting outside your studio?
03-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Cool to see the Dark Elf Sorceress shoulder on shoulder with an Empire captain, Silver Tower style.

Possibilities are endless.
These will be a very long spring and summer waiting for the game.