★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CAPCOM
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 41.7 MB
  • Version: 1.00.01
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Commandos classic arcade action is now available on smartphones. Enjoy intense run and gun anytime, anywhere!

About Wolf of the Battlefield: COMMANDO
You are a one man army. Armed with a sub-machine gun and a limited supply hand grenades, players battle through legions of enemy troops in this classic vertical scrolling shooter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The game has been optimized for the unique play experience of smartphones and may differ in some ways from prior releases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

* Search And Destroy - Take control of super-joe and destroy the enemy headquarters.
* Guts and Glory - Take the fight to the enemy! Battle through endless waves of enemy troops.
* Danger Close - Pivot in eight directions to confront enemies and use grenades to clear cover.
* Touch Screen Controls - Multiple control options, optimized for mobile.
* Two Modes - Casual mode" has been adjusted for ease of play and "classic mode" follows the original specifications.

Please Note:
- To use the leaderboard and achievement system, you need a "Google account linked with gamer ID". You can not create "gamer ID" from an iOS device.
- In order to participate in ranking, it may be necessary to change the setting of the Google account. Google Account settings can not be changed from iOS device.
03-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Another Classic I will find very hard to resist
This was such a fun game back in the day
$1 gets me cuz it's like oh welll it's a damn dollar

03-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Dang I guess we will see every title ported

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
03-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
looking that way
I had no clue this one was coming
03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Actually this is the third of the four that they've previously announced: http://toucharcade.com/2017/03/02/19...ing-to-mobile/

I'm not sure how well these have been doing sales wise, but my gut tells me we'll be seeing more ports after these four are all out.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-23-2017, 01:38 PM
another stone cold classic - if it's google + leaderboards and achievements then I'll shed a small tear.

Edit: bought, downloaded, fired up, google + for leaderboards and cheevos, deleted. Still a classic though - just wish it had good old game center 😢

Last edited by slamraman; 03-23-2017 at 01:42 PM.
03-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
another stone cold classic - if it's google + leaderboards and achievements then I'll shed a small tear.
it is
03-23-2017, 04:27 PM
How is it?

I remember spending days at the arcade playing it.
03-23-2017, 04:54 PM
well...?
03-23-2017, 05:07 PM
It's a dollar