★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Militia is a bite-sized turn-based strategy game that brings the thrill of victory to single-player. It's simple to pick up, and from the moment you start, you'll be learning and improving -- building your skills, learning new strategies, and ranking up on the single player ladder. And as you do, the game evolves with you, providing a worthy challenge every time. Militia also features procedurally generated levels so the challenge stays fresh.

In Militia, you are the leader of a small troop of warriors, mages and cavalry and attempt to rout the local marauding banditry by dispatching their captains. Gameplay is turn based; on your turn you can issue one command to each of your units, and then the enemies each move on their turn according to strict and transparent movement rules.

NOTE: Includes Dark World expansion content for free (The Dark World is a separate and advanced game mode with its own heroes, enemies and ladder).

"[Militia] might be the best single player strategy game I've played this year." -Keith Burgun (Lead designer of Auro, Dinofarm Games)
"Militia is potentially a true star for strategy gamers." - PlayPlayFun
"Really digging this so far. It's like a party-based Hoplite." - IndieGameHunt (Game Jolt editor)
"It's like chess. Except much better." - Game Jolt review

Boardumb's comments:

03-23-2017, 01:32 PM
At first glance, this has a Hoplite vibe, which is a good thing. Would love to hear some impressions before taking a dive since these past two weeks have been pretty expensive.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

03-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
At first glance, this has a Hoplite vibe, which is a good thing. Would love to hear some impressions before taking a dive since these past two weeks have been pretty expensive.
It came out on Steam a little over a year ago, some of those reviews might be helpful. Personally I know nothing about this game but agree it looks cool

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...p_reviews_hash

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks Jared. Checking them out now.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
03-23-2017, 03:07 PM
FINALLY !! I beeen bugging the dev for this, some of the most friendly awesome Devs I ever seen and all there games are amazing on pc, yesssss
03-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Only launched the game. Will try and leave some imps tomorrow.

Only thing I can say is that I can't flip the screen. And that bugs me.
03-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Looks like my type of game!

Playing: Broforce (PS4), Deep Dungeons of Doom, Desert Golfing, Outrun 2 (XBox), Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube), Tankout, Wayward Souls
03-24-2017, 01:43 AM
This was looking like something I'd dig so I picked it up. I've played about an hour or so, & it's been really good. Fans of abstract strategy games like Hoplite & Auro will be happy with this one.

Only problem I've had is figuring out how the teleporting wizard works. I know there is a logic to it, but I just tap at the screen & cross my fingers. Anyone here that can explain it better than the tutorial?
03-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discostallion View Post
This was looking like something I'd dig so I picked it up. I've played about an hour or so, & it's been really good. Fans of abstract strategy games like Hoplite & Auro will be happy with this one.

Only problem I've had is figuring out how the teleporting wizard works. I know there is a logic to it, but I just tap at the screen & cross my fingers. Anyone here that can explain it better than the tutorial?
I haven't find any use for the teleporting wizard, but this is how he works: move first (or stay) and teleport. Actually it's not teleporting, it's switching positions. And not any positions you want, it only switch one square with the opposite one. Being the opposite, the one mirrored trough the center of the table. (Odd symmetry is the term, I think). Anyway, if you keep the finger on the squares, you can see witch two squares are being switched.
03-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the help.

I think that the wiz's ability to reposition an ally and refresh it's movement/attack will be super useful once I fully wrap my head around the mechanics.