★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The hordes of undead are invading!

Zombies, bloodthirsty bats, and... vampire PIGS? It's time to deal with these vile cretins using your secret weapon: a POGO stick!

+ Explosive power-ups!

+ Huge combo chains!

+ Leaderboards and dozens of achievements!

+ 3 different worlds to master!

+ Play the catchy soundtrack, or pogo to your own tunes!

Check out more videos and reviews at:

www.skullpogo.com

ChevyRay's comments:
S k u l l p o g o
Halloween pogo-stick arcade madness!

Hop on your pogo stick, and prepare to use it to battle against the hordes of
undead! You'll face zombies, ghosts, vampire bats and vampire... PIGS?

F E A T U R E S
  • Fun & explosive powerups!
  • Score huge combo chains with your pogo skills!
  • Tilt to control, or choose from 2 alternate control schemes!
  • Online leaderboards & dozens of achievements via OpenFeint!
  • Play the in-game soundtrack, or pogo to your own tunes!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Comments, critiques, suggestions & ideas are all welcome! We already have future updates in the making, so if there are game modes, powerups, enemies, or anything cool you'd like to see in the game, speak up and support the game, and we'll see what we can do! Contact info, updates, reviews, etc. can be found at our website:

www.skullpogo.com

I am Chevy, the game Game & Graphics Designer. Good to meet you all!

Cheers!
10-22-2009, 06:10 PM
hi and welcome to TA

...love the retro graphics and sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Looks pretty nice. Do you get hurt if you touch the enemies, or can you never lose?
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Send a message via MSN to ChevyRay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
Looks pretty nice. Do you get hurt if you touch the enemies, or can you never lose?
Good question! Maybe I should specify at the top.

You do not die or get hurt in skullpogo. The challenge to the game comes not from avoiding enemies, but in aiming your hits well, chaining them in cool ways, and levelling up by hitting the big orange orbs before time runs out. It's a deviously simple game, so anybody can play it and have fun without frustration, but there's plenty of room for improvement, and more hardcore players to show off their skills.

@Devilishly: thanks gent! I look forward to chilling around here, maybe getting into some dev discussions with folks, and even playing some of the games when I get an i-device of my own (hah!)
10-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRay View Post
Good question! Maybe I should specify at the top.

You do not die or get hurt in skullpogo. The challenge to the game comes not from avoiding enemies, but in aiming your hits well, chaining them in cool ways, and levelling up by hitting the big orange orbs before time runs out. It's a deviously simple game, so anybody can play it and have fun without frustration, but there's plenty of room for improvement, and more hardcore players to show off their skills.

@Devilishly: thanks gent! I look forward to chilling around here, maybe getting into some dev discussions with folks, and even playing some of the games when I get an i-device of my own (hah!)
Sounds good, I see you are going for something more casual versus something challenging. I hope to see you around the forums, looking forward to whatever you release in the future.
10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
This looks really fun Might buy it, but my springboard is getting way full of apps. Gotta save space you know :\

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, there were a lot of measures taken to ensure that this has appeal to both the casual crowd and hardcore gamers alike. Casual focus -- but mastering the tricks, powerups, and getting all the achievements is something only the most dedicated players will do.

@xFinch713x: thanks broham!
10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Looks like a solid purchase, I might pick it up.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
10-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks man.

For any devs checking this out, we're using OpenFeint for the online highscores and achievements support. And wow, it's really proving to be worth it so far. The website is still in Beta, but the API is excellent, and I've already seen people connecting to Facebook, etc. posting their Skullpogo scores/achievements, and we didn't have to write a line of code to make that happen!

So cheers to OpenFeint.

As for you folks, I look forward to hearing what you think when you pick it up. Anybody who can get 3 achievements + on their first round gets a cookie from me!
10-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Ok, so I dont post here often or really at all I guess, but this game needs to be heard. I just submitted my review to app store and thought I would post it here as well. Sadly I did not get 3 achievements on my first play, so no cookie for me...

-------

I have been playing this game on and off for the past couple hours and I can already tell I am going to have to make a space in my favorite game section. I play a wide variety of games but I love games that are simple in design, have leaderboards, and that are repayable beyond belief, as in doodlejump, dragon panic, and most recently hook champ. Skullpogo is a game I see myself playing for months to come, even when it isnt Halloween that may be odd anyway my thoughts.

The tutorial is very well structured giving you the general gist of the game. The tutorial is easily accessible from the menu, so it can be easily replayed if needed.

The gameplay itself is pretty easy; you have several control options to choose from so anyone should be able to pogo their way to a relatively high score. To move your pogo from side to side you can use tilt settings, 2 button, or the point (follow your finger) control. I find that the 2 button control setting is the best as it gives you an extra finger for the vertical controls. There are three squares on the sides of the screen that when pressed allow you to jump really high to reach bats, jump medium, which I use if I am not going for anything, or jump low to gets high combos quickly. You will be bouncing on flying bats, zombies (which take two hits to kill), black cats, and of course vampire pigs. There is enough variety to make each level interesting. Enemies cannot hit you so you are racing against the clock, a bar at the top of the screen. In order to keep going you must hit an orb, which pops up near the end of a level. The orb shatters and you must bounce on all the shards to level up, and restart the clock.

To score you must make up combos. Bounce from enemy to enemy to make combos, but you must hit another enemy before the wheel in the top left corner runs out or the combo ends.

The are many power ups, ranging from the ice power up, which stops the combo clock, to fire power up, which makes mini explosions, or the heavy power up which allows you to crush any enemy including zombies in one hit. There are many other power ups that I have not listed, some surprises are always good.

I only have a couple suggestions. Such as to have a tutorial or instruction screen explaining some of the power ups, as there are a lot of them and it would be nice to know how the developers describe them. Also, maybe explain the modes, I can tell that the classic and Halloween modes, but I am having a hard time definitively differentiating them. Maybe I am just missing something....

At the moment I think the game is amazing but additional enemies, modes, and power ups are always welcome.

Overall the game is downright addicting. A casual player can play just to rack up points, but there is also something there for the hardcore crowd. In order to unlock the achievements you will need to master the game. If you are a fan of games that very repayable and that are easy to play but hard to master I cannot give enough recommendation to try Skullpogo. I really hope this game gets the publicity and recognition it deserves! I am looking forward to getting higher on the leader boards, currently fourth on both modes. This game gets a full five stars from me and the $1.99 is a very acceptable price.

-------